Airfix 1:48 DH Mosquito PR XVI in SEAC markings

I picked this up as an impulse buy a few years ago as I really fancied the silver SEAC aircraft. Several times during the build I wished I hadn't. Horrible fit, trenchlike engraving on the newer parts. I actually set it aside for over 2 years before doing a "quick finish over the last couple of week so by no means my best work at all, very much a view from a distance model. Build thread can be found here. For all that though, it still looks pretty attractive. The markings are for an aircraft of 648 Squadron in India, 1945. Thanks for looking.

32434665855_5a646d537a_b.jpg

32394916316_7821f20621_b.jpg

32394915306_1f8d6fa99c_b.jpg

32434659285_f4612e0d62_b.jpg

31623149123_a3a1929647_b.jpg

31591650084_885234ea57_b.jpg

32283631932_1a3f9c00c0_b.jpg

• Like 57
  • Thanks 1

Brilliant Mossie Simon. I built this kit ages ago and can confirm the poor fit of parts especially the glass pieces. Mine didn't look half as good as yours does. Striking looking in the silver finish. Well done! :clap2:cheers Greg

Edited by GREG DESTEC
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Nice job! Too bad all your photos in your build thread were lost to Photobucket.

I just pulled out this kit myself, to start working on it.

EDIT: I just found out that my kit was missing an entire "new" sprue, even though the bag was still sealed. :rage:

I have contacted Airfix, to see if they can help.

Larry

Edited by ReccePhreak
More info
  • Like 1

Looks bloody good to me and I love the Mossie in this scheme,........ I`d certainly be proud to put that in my cabinet any day of the week,

Cheers

Tony 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Sorry, I have been AWOL for the last few months (lots of things prevented me getting to the model bench), ans have only just noticed this resurgence of interest in something I posted in 2017. Thank you all for the kind reactions and comments.

On 3/6/2018 at 12:05 AM, ReccePhreak said:

Nice job! Too bad all your photos in your build thread were lost to Photobucket.

I just pulled out this kit myself, to start working on it.

EDIT: I just found out that my kit was missing an entire "new" sprue, even though the bag was still sealed. :rage:

I have contacted Airfix, to see if they can help.

Larry

Many thanks, and yes that was one of the last builds I did using photobucket. I’ll see if I can get it updated in the next week or so. Any luck with Airfix?

On 3/6/2018 at 12:20 AM, Artie said:

Considering the kit's limitations, and the final result, I can't say nothing but "hats off"..... you've done an excellent one. 

Cheers....

Many thanks!

On 3/6/2018 at 1:19 AM, tonyot said:

Looks bloody good to me and I love the Mossie in this scheme,........ I`d certainly be proud to put that in my cabinet any day of the week,

Cheers

Tony 

Thanks Tony, high praise indeed!

On 3/6/2018 at 1:28 AM, PlaStix said:

Fantastic looking Mossie Simon!! Very well done. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

And the same again! Thank you Stix.

On 3/6/2018 at 3:37 AM, Bob Henry said:

Gotta love the Mossies ... thanks for posting.              Bob H.

Yes, gorgeous aircraft. Thanks Bob.

On 3/6/2018 at 4:24 AM, Buzby061 said:

Cracking. Did my Tamiya Mossie in a similar scheme. 

Pete

Ah, the Tamiya mossie - a world of difference to the Airfix kit! Keen to build the fighter version at some point.

On 3/6/2018 at 6:05 AM, F-32 said:

Great work, looks awesome

Thanks!

• Like 1