Matchbox / Revell 1/76 Half track, T34, Krupp

combat

Hope all you BMers are having a good winter.  My modelling room is just making 5 degrees C, so it's a little tough on the old fingers.  Building up energy to start a new build thread.  For now here are some classic Matchbox / Revell 1/76.  There are 3 kinds of kits I really appreciate - with figures, with dioramas, with interiors.  A lot of fun with these kits!

CIMG3952_zpsdoh4ni1g.jpg

CIMG3951_zpsep0etlyp.jpg

CIMG3950_zpsmxg1dx9m.jpg

CIMG3949_zpskwt6kiro.jpg

CIMG3948_zpsebp6njl2.jpg

CIMG3947_zpsaazbiyqu.jpg

CIMG3946_zpspfx4ps6l.jpg

CIMG3945_zpsxhb1beup.jpg

CIMG3944_zpsibrqsarp.jpg

• Like 15

old thumper (your name sounds like a British Motorbike!) and a great choice of profile picture.  I have found that the matchbox kits are simple but take a bit of work to go together well.  You can squeeze a lot out of them if you really go for it.  I actually find them easier than the 1/48 scale. Sometimes the 'tracks' themselves are in poor shape and need patching up.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yep but the Revell rebox decals are often in better condition.  Maybe later in the year I will get the time to do another one of these.  I have the whole collection except the Char 1 bis, which I really need to pick up soon.

• Like 1

Yep, lovely little boxes, amazing diarama bases, cool figures - so much to like.  I am doing some 1/48 soviet armour which I will post soon, to be followed by a Dragon kit and then my first Miniart - after that I may get to do a full build thread on another Matchbox

• Like 1