Is this a stupid idea

JohnT

I like the idea. 

As a kid I gave any kit / genre a go. I built the airfix scorpion tank a few years ago Shen I got back into modelling but basically it's all helicopters and the occasional plane for me. I did start a Land Rover for the made in Britain GB last year but stalled; number of reasons but one being I was out of my comfort zone. I do have a revell 1/72 Fuchs kit I would like to build as a Fuchs feuerwehr. There are photos of this but don't think it was ever used, just exhibited at a fair (my German isn't that great so only going by google translate from a forum site) so technically a "what if" so would they be allowed?

• 2 weeks later...

Cool - I though about such a "not my cup of Tea" GB. I would be interested of course.

milktrip: The thing was called Red Fox (though it seems this was more the name for a proposed family of this vehicle in different configurations). It was build by Tyssen Henschel for the German fire departments but obvioously nobody was interested in it. So it was converted back in the end. It was also exhibited on the Intershutz fair 1994 in Hannover. There was a German magazin called Truck Modell. If you find the 06/96 issue there should be a report inside. In German...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I like this idea.....I've never done a diorama....been to railway model shows a couple of times with a friend....always admired, not the choo-choos or the rolling stock (heh - its just out of a box!) but love looking at the settings they are in....so.......I'm thinking WW1 field guns/howizers, trench, sandbags, sunken road, cavalry.....dunno......just an idea. I like this idea.

This is just the excuse I've been looking for,  to finally get around to build a ship or a submarine. Count me in, either are well out my comfort zone as the only nautical thing I've ever built before was an LCM.