Sukhoi Su-17 M3/M4 Fitter-K 1:48

Mike

8 hours ago, Antoine said:

Mike, would it be possible to add colour options profiles to the reviews (in general)?

7 hours ago, armored76 said:

I'll echo Antoine on the colour profiles... It'd be great to have them if possible.

Time and scanner are the major issues with this becoming a thing.  Where we can get them from the manufacturer's site (such as Eduard) we do them these days, but AFAIK KH don't yet post the profiles anywhere, but I'll have a chat with Glen and see if that's a possibility, even if it's just for future kits :)

• Like 2

great!,

thanks for the review!

and great , some of these weapons can actually be used correctly with on Soviet Su-17!

:):)

the only thing I miss are angled fuselage pylons for heavy weapons (KH-58 and KH-29, not included anyways, so ok ;))

they are from FRUFRU models incl the VJUGA targeting pod if anyone IS interested (like myself ;))

http://frummodel.webnode.cz/products/a48-017-su-22-m4-m3-1-48-pouzdro-ba-58-systemu-vjuga-zavesniky-s-54-8812-adaptery-aku-58-strely-ch-58-cena-450-kc-su-22m4-m3-vjuga-system-container-ba-58-pylons-s-54-8812-launchers-aku-58-missiles-kh-58-/

definitely on my shopping list!

On 21.1.2017 at 0:44 PM, Homebee said:

More colorful Polish, German, Ukrainian and Soviet Fitters:

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/HD48010

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/HD48011

Another sheet ( Poland, Syria, Iraq, Angola + stencilling for desert schemes) is already in the pipeline.

Greetings

Diego

Edited by Diego
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

Just building mine.

When building the fuselage do not follow the instructions.

Assemble the left and right fuselages as seperate halves all joined prior to putting them together.

If you assemble them per the instructions you will have significant fit issue on rear to mid fuse fit.

However some styrene tabs fixes all that in 2 seconds and you assemble in complete halves.

Detail is excellent and if built in halves builds really ok so far.

Edited by DarrenH
  • Like 6

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/2/2017 at 0:32 AM, DarrenH said:

Just building mine.

When building the fuselage do not follow the instructions.

Assemble the left and right fuselages as seperate halves all joined prior to putting them together.

If you assemble them per the instructions you will have significant fit issue on rear to mid fuse fit.

However some styrene tabs fixes all that in 2 seconds and you assemble in complete halves.

Detail is excellent and if built in halves builds really ok so far.

Are you suggesting essentially building the two halves of the fuselage before joining them? I think that's what you mean. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 24/03/2017 at 9:57 PM, Sobby_23 said:

Are you suggesting essentially building the two halves of the fuselage before joining them? I think that's what you mean. 

Yes exactly..as per the way you build almost any multi part fuselage kit.

Assemble the three left fuse pieces to make a single left fuselage. Assemble the three right fuse pieces to make a single right fuse piece.

Then close her up with all assicated bits and its fits quite nicely other than needing tabs on the aft most piece on each fuse.

Edited by DarrenH
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Looks like Kitty Hawk have fixed their incredibly thick sprue attachment points. I am in the middle of building their Gripen and the points and fit are causing much blueing of the air above the workbench...  :)