On 21/01/2017 at 4:19 AM, Mark4700 said:

Lovely finish. I like this a lot.Β :clap2:

Β 

On 21/01/2017 at 7:41 AM, Pete in Lincs said:

Lovely little aeroplane and a lovely model too.

Β 

On 21/01/2017 at 8:18 AM, steve4536 said:

Super job.

Hello,Mark,Pete and Steve - Many thanks,gentlemen,for your very kind and much appreciated replies.

The Gnat' is a charismatic aircraft and a good model subject with a pleasing variety of scheme options.Go on - give one a go!!πŸ˜‰πŸ‘ All the very best,Paul.

On 21/01/2017 at 1:48 PM, bearmatt said:

Nice one! Yellow is not an easy job.

What color was the base?

And is the Lightning at the same scale?!

Β 

Cheers

Β 

b.

Hello,Bearmat - Many thanks for your very kind and much appreciated reply.

The base colour was white (Acrylic Car Primer straight from the rattlecan). Yes indeed, the Lightning is also to the same scale.Quite a comparison,isn't it?

πŸ˜‰πŸ‘ All the very best,Paul.

• Like 1

On 21/01/2017 at 6:20 PM, 29Triplex said:

Paul.

Great scheme, Great Gnat - Your usual excellent finish! :mike:

Hello,Steve - Many thanks for your very kind an much appreciated reply. I'm delighted she's earned your 'thumbs up'. I need to get my act together and get another 'Phantom' built.I do wish 29Sqn.markings were available in 1/48 scale!

Β 

On 21/01/2017 at 10:02 PM, Niles said:

Eyeball popping!

Β 

On 21/01/2017 at 11:43 PM, stevej60 said:

Beautifully built and finished Paul,nice to see a different scheme too,superb finish on the gloss coat:D

Hello,Niles and Steve - Many thanks to you,gentlemen,for your very kind and much appreciated replies.

Yes,Niles - Even in 1/48 scale,my eyeballs were popping by the time I'd finished this build!😳

Steve,I always enjoy and admire your work and your compliment is most respected.

• Like 1

On 22/01/2017 at 9:28 AM, canberra kid said:

Another stunner Paul, a clean beautiful build!Β 

Β 

John

Hello,John - Many thanks to you for your very kind and much appreciated reply. I felt stunned by the time I'd got this build finished?!πŸ˜€

You know how to produce a stunning model.Your 'Wiggly Amps' Canberra is proof of that.

"If this little Gnat will do for thee,it'll do for me!"

On 24/01/2017 at 9:11 AM, PlaStix said:

Beautiful modelling Paul! That's a real stunner! Very well done.Β :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

Β 

On 24/01/2017 at 0:22 PM, Aviano said:

Hi Paul, a beauty your Gnat!!

Oliver

Hello, Stix and Oliver - Many thanks to you both,gentlemen,for your very kind and much appreciated replies. I admire your builds very much and your 'thumbs-up' for the Gnat is most respected.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, mirageiv said:

Beautiful Gnat Paul, the yellowΒ finish is simply perfect! Really topΒ job.

Β 

BestΒ regards

Β 

David.Β 

Β 

22 hours ago, RMCS said:

Great finish.....

Hello, David and RMCS - Many thanks to you both,gentlemen,for your very kind and much appreciated replies.Again,I follow your builds with admiration and your approval of my latest build is most respected.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Paul!

Just discovered your little yellow beauty! A very nice build with flawless paintwork. Interesting to see a Gnat that isnΒ΄t red. Have built the old Airfix model in Red Arrows markings as a child.

Have a nice weekend

Mario

• Like 1

What a specialΒ little Gnat Paul, it looks fantastic in this scheme and the opened nose just finishes it off beautifully,

Well done mate,

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Tony

PS- Looks like I won`t be able to make Huddersfield as the recovery from the op is taking longer than I thought,......maybe next year eh!Β 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mario said:

Hi Paul!

Just discovered your little yellow beauty! A very nice build with flawless paintwork. Interesting to see a Gnat that isnΒ΄t red. Have built the old Airfix model in Red Arrows markings as a child.

Have a nice weekend

Mario

Hello,Mario - Many thanks for your very kind and much appreciated reply. I'm pleased she gets the 'thumbs up' from Kempen Air Base!πŸ˜€

The 'Gnat' is a pleasing subject and due to its size makes an interesting comparison with other types. I always thought the 'Yellowjacks' scheme suited the aircraft.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tonyot said:

What a specialΒ little Gnat Paul, it looks fantastic in this scheme and the opened nose just finishes it off beautifully,

Well done mate,

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Tony

PS- Looks like I won`t be able to make Huddersfield as the recovery from the op is taking longer than I thought,......maybe next year eh!Β 

Hello,Tony - Many thanks to you for your very kind and much appreciated reply.

We're very sorry you'll be off radar at Huddersfield Show but that's totally understandable after all you've been through recently.Pam and I send your Goodself and Loved Ones our very best wishes as always.

"Here's to happier and brighter skies ahead!" 🍻

As always,

Paul. πŸ˜‰πŸ‘

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mcdonnell said:

Hello,Mario - Many thanks for your very kind and much appreciated reply. I'm pleased she gets the 'thumbs up' from Kempen Air Base!πŸ˜€

The 'Gnat' is a pleasing subject and due to its size makes an interesting comparison with other types. I always thought the 'Yellowjacks' scheme suited the aircraft.

Your fine work always gets the thumps up from Kempen Air Base!

Cheers,

Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β  Mario

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mario said:

Your fine work always gets the thumps up from Kempen Air Base!

Cheers,

Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β  Mario

Bless you,Mario. I return that much respected compliment to your goodself.The hangar doors will soon be opening again at Kempen Air Base.

All the very best to You and your Loved Ones.

As always,

Paul.πŸ»πŸ˜‰πŸ‘

• Like 1

16 hours ago, old thumper said:

Nice finish on the paint there, it looks like a much larger model with all that detail.

Hello,old thumper - Many thanks for your very kind and much appreciated reply. I thought the build would look a little more interesting with the 'bonnet' open!πŸ˜€

Airfix are to be congratulated on this kit.Like many,it needs a little care and fine tuning in places but considering its physical size,even in 1/48 scale, I reckon they've done the type proud.Another positive aspect is that it doesn't occupy a lot of ramp space!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
23 hours ago, Janremco said:

Hello Paul,Β 

Β 

What a nice tweety Gnat you have build. Really shiny between the usual grey or camouflaged onesΒ we see here.

Β 

Jan Remco

Hello,Jan - Many thanks for your very kind and much appreciated reply.Yes,she is a bit of a "Tweety Pie!"πŸ₯In fact,that's what I'm calling her from now on!😁

Β The Airfix Gnat is a well-detailed kit and I think it represents good value for money.

• Like 1