This ones got zimmermit, updated 05/03/17

Ozzy

4 hours ago, Bodmin said:

It's looking good mate. Love the camo, brings a lot of character to the tank.

Thanks Bodmin,

its loosely based on the kits instructions, the camo has toned down nicely with a bit of weathering.

Nearly finished, the pigments dried off nicely brushed off the excess. I used a mixture of light European dust and European dust, for the exhaust I used light rust pigments mixed with Tamyia dark iron. Then dabbed a little light rust over the top, I've also used a pencil around some of the surfaces to show a little wear to bare metal. Just the straw to add to the front and we're done.

723b0854518e720958a1977261a7654a_zpsx4zz

2cfa4a699848a08746ab4233bb0cf1f9_zpsdlhx

cb5db929b9f84ce9e6f8ac56689c1d07_zpsq47h

6769122d2e92b3d6eafce5489b5f52fe_zps2cx1

• Like 5

That looks great Ozzy.

The weathering really improved the look to my eye as I don't like those glaring bright camo jobs that just scream "here I am, shoot me".

It seems that the Germans were the only ones to use  camo as you never see Allied armor in anything but natural color or dirty as heck and I'm sure the Germans didn't paint the camo to advertise the

vehicle's position.

I never really liked a "D" with the plain hull front, no machine gun blister, but it does look good when properly painted and finished and the straw will make it that much better so I can see one in the future.

Good Job as they say and keep them coming.

Take care,

Lloyd

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BlackMax12 said:

That looks great Ozzy.

The weathering really improved the look to my eye as I don't like those glaring bright camo jobs that just scream "here I am, shoot me".

It seems that the Germans were the only ones to use  camo as you never see Allied armor in anything but natural color or dirty as heck and I'm sure the Germans didn't paint the camo to advertise the

vehicle's position.

I never really liked a "D" with the plain hull front, no machine gun blister, but it does look good when properly painted and finished and the straw will make it that much better so I can see one in the future.

Good Job as they say and keep them coming.

Take care,

Lloyd

Thanks Lloyd,

got to agree it, it was looking a bit Gordy prior to a little weathering. The rolls were reversed in the deserts of North Africa, there was some camouflage in the ETO but just green and black but not very common at all but there are couple of pictures out there. 

Ozzy I thought someone mentioned this was brush painted.  If so it's sure one he$$ of a lot better than my brush jobs turn out.  I have a hard time with an airbrush some days.

I use nothing but Tamiya acrylics as Windex fixes flubs right quickly, sometimes have to strip and start over so I buy Windex in the big bottle.

Getting better and better, I think I may have to get another Panther.

Take care,

Lloyd

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FrancisGL said:

Looks very real, good job for now...:popcorn:

Cheers Ozzy

Thanks Francis,

shes coming along nicely, the coat of pigments have toned down the paint work and given it a nice used look.

19 minutes ago, BlackMax12 said:

Ozzy I thought someone mentioned this was brush painted.  If so it's sure one he$$ of a lot better than my brush jobs turn out.  I have a hard time with an airbrush some days.

I use nothing but Tamiya acrylics as Windex fixes flubs right quickly, sometimes have to strip and start over so I buy Windex in the big bottle.

Getting better and better, I think I may have to get another Panther.

Take care,

Lloyd

Thanks Lloyd,

Only the green and red brown are brushed painted, the dark yellow is airbrushed on. I normally just pour in the paint tamyia normally and then spray, I've not used any thinners with any paint I've put through my airbrush. Not that I've used many, Tamyia, lifecolor, Hataka and Vallejo. I wasn't that confidant to do the green and red brown through the air brush, maybe next time. I may get an A variant if I build another.

Hi Ozzy. That really has come out well under the weathering. I really like all the effects you've achieved - like the rust in various places such as the exhausts.Very well done. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

You've put me to shame in terms of speed - you started your a good year and a half after me and I think I'm going to be working on mine a while longer yet!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Ozzy. That really has come out well under the weathering. I really like all the effects you've achieved - like the rust in various places such as the exhausts.Very well done. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

You've put me to shame in terms of speed - you started your a good year and a half after me and I think I'm going to be working on mine a while longer yet!

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix,

got to agree, I've impressed myself with the exhausts. This has been my first kit of 2017, ive tried doing multiple builds but prefer to do a single focused build. This has been a relatively slow build for me, I do enjoy the build phase seeing a project come to life. As long as we enjoy our building the time it takes becomes irrelevant.

Ozzy,

the slight dust on the vehicle is just superb! No exaggerated chipping and stuff, just awesome! Very nice build and a good start into 2017 for you!

/STefan

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Blaubar said:

Ozzy,

the slight dust on the vehicle is just superb! No exaggerated chipping and stuff, just awesome! Very nice build and a good start into 2017 for you!

/STefan

Thanks Stefan,

i got  the weathering mixture just right, it's a fantastic start to 2017 my next build will be a Mosquito in the de havilland GB. Then I'm going to start on the dio for the Panther, with a little scratch building of bits. Not as I depth as your efforts, I'm in Orr of your BR 52.