1 hour ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

I actually did read your full post, Mike, I just had no idea how much discomfort you are in. 

Don't make me laugh!

No, please, don't make me laugh!  :owww:

• Like 2

Having read through the whole thread may I chuck in this bit please?

I am the proud owner of an anglepoise lamp that is older than me.It has a bog standard bulb that generates a lot of heat.My usual for fingertipfuls of milliput is to stick a blob of each persuasion on the bottom lip of the outside of the shade for a moment or two to warm up and then thumb and fingers squash mix the two together.The warmth makes the two components sticky and very pliable.

The lampshade is a mess but the method has allowed me to do this

AirfixKingfisher63_zpsf247d9d7.jpg

in this thread

Please don't laugh if it's going to hurt.

Does it hurt? Only When I Larf

Edited by Alex Gordon
  • Like 1

Be careful with the wet aspect, as Milliput get very slimy when wet, and you might just end up making slurry out of the top surface, while leaving the rest unmixed.  Try warm first, and then go with moist... warm & moist.  Much better for raising a childish snigger too ^_^

• Like 1

Bootneck.

As seems to be the popular option,

warm, damp and small amounts.

I'd just use thumb and fingers in one hand.

I do know how much pain you could be suffering,

I was told I could drive again after two weeks, I did,

but it was still uncomfortable. That was five years ago.

Persevere and you'll get there.

• Like 1

Thanks All.  I'm set up to have a go tomorrow with the warm and moist!  I think we can close this thread/query down now as being successfully resolved.

Thanks again

Mike

On 22/01/2017 at 5:22 AM, BIG X said:

Good Luck & do let us know how you get on

The warming method worked just fine :thumbsup: as it made the mixing so much easier.  I wanted to convert a 1:144 scale Whirlwind S.55 to a Whirlwind HAR.10 and Milliput it just right for it.

I let the compound set for a few hours and then started to wet 'n dry the nose to shape.  I had mixed a little too much Milliput and used the remainder towards my 1:144 scale HH-3E Jolly Green Giant conversion.

DSCF3026_800.JPG

It is slow going and there is still a fair bit of sanding to do yet.  I am taking it easy for now but at least I feel better now that I can get some modelling done again!

I've never been the quickest builder anyway, as my shelf of shame (or as I call it 'my pending tray') shows. :blush:

All 1:144 scale attempts.

DSCF3029_1024.jpg

Thank you again to all those who contributed helpful advice :worthy:  I really do appreciate it.

cheers

Mike

• Like 4