BOAC Mosquito

Mach Turtle

So, for the De Havilland Group Build, I'm thinking about building G-AVFG, the BOAC Mosquito that spirited Niels Bohr out of Sweden. Fundekals has an appropriate sheet of markings.

Negative, Ghostrider, the budget is full!

Nevermind that guy.

Is the Hong Kong Models 1/32 de Havilland Mosquito B Mk.VI Series II the correct 1/32 kit for this project? The Mosquito variants confuse me.

If so, should I build the bulged bomb bay or the normal one?

• Like 1

Niels Bohr was flown from Stockholm to Leuchars in Mosquito Mk.VI G-AGGC on 6 October 1943. The full story can be read here:

SetWidth275-Forthcoming-The-Stockholm-Ru

http://mmpbooks.biz/ksiazki/328

1/48 scale decals are available from Vingtor:

48-107_img.jpg

Nils

Edited by Vingtor
  • Like 1

Thanks again, everyone. So, Bohr was on G-AGGG (according to Fundekals) or G-AGGC (according to the Mathisrud book cited by Vingtor). I'm not sure what the primary sources are for each of these, but I imagine there's some logbook entry or the like in which a C can't be distinguished from a G. (Though it was Heisenberg, not Bohr, who described the uncertainty theorem.)

Either way, I would need to make a FB Mk. VI, and the Bohr ship probably wasn't G-AGFV.

I have various original documents from Swedish, Norwegian and British archives - including the Bromma arrival/departure logs, Norwegian and Swedish intelligence reports and BOAC passenger lists. All documents but one say AGGC. The exception being AGGG, and this must be an error as AGGG was not flying the date Bohr sr. was flown to Leuchars. Fündecals has got the information from me, but you must ask them why they have interpreted it differently. As said, the full story, with references, is in the book.

Nils

• Like 3