Suez stripes for a Canberra Bomber

Michael51

Sorry about that chaps.

Being low-tech has its social limitations.

I have tried mightily to break into this photo posting business over the last month or so and even 'though i have followed the directions for posting I just cannot get it to work - even posted a help request in another part of the site.

Is flickr the way to go or, as someone suggested, Village Photos?

If there is a way i would love to present my middle-of-the-road offerings for other works as well.

By the way, the use of the term 'atmospheric' aludes to a rather mediocre photo of two of my Canberras sitting on a shelf, with the original Airfix box,

Michael

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Michael Enright said:

Sorry about that chaps.

Being low-tech has its social limitations.

I have tried mightily to break into this photo posting business over the last month or so and even 'though i have followed the directions for posting I just cannot get it to work - even posted a help request in another part of the site.

Is flickr the way to go or, as someone suggested, Village Photos?

If there is a way i would love to present my middle-of-the-road offerings for other works as well.

By the way, the use of the term 'atmospheric' aludes to a rather mediocre photo of two of my Canberras sitting on a shelf, with the original Airfix box,

Michael

Michael,

Although I have a Flikr account, I've not actually got around to uploading any photo's to it ever!  I currently use Photobucket but that is not without its problems.

Jay aka Mountain Goat uses Flikr, he's a helpful chap so I'm sure he wouldn't mind giving you a quick tutorial if you PM him.

Looking forward to the results.

Wez

By now Algy could see that Biggles was rapidly losing control of the computer.

'That damn flickr mechanism. I told Wingco it was useless' yelled Biggles.

'Yes, maybe we should have kept things analog, especially for a chap your age. Must be getting on to seventy aren't you?' replied Algy.

For this Algy received several facial cuts from a SOD Airfix Vulcan that Biggles had by him.

'So that's why you always carry that with you' exclaimed Algy.

But Biggles was already screaming again.

'Where is that tech-savvy daughter-in-law of mine when you need her?'

'At work I suppose, like the rest of the millennials'.

At this point, Biggles put the computer into a steep dive.................

To be continued...

• Like 3

This is a bit late in the day, but is there anything wrong wit the Freightdog FSD 72019? Hannant's has it in stock : https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/FSD72019

BTW if anybody feels like selling an unwanted Airfix B.(I).6 I'll definitly buy it! I have an Aeroclub nose vac waiting for it.B)

I've already done one in Argentine colours as a T.64 (bombed up) in 1982. I have some mediocre pictures of it if somebody is interested...:fool:

Cheers, Moggy

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Moggy said:

This is a bit late in the day, but is there anything wrong wit the Freightdog FSD 72019? Hannant's has it in stock : https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/FSD72019

BTW if anybody feels like selling an unwanted Airfix B.(I).6 I'll definitly buy it! I have an Aeroclub nose vac waiting for it.B)

I've already done one in Argentine colours as a T.64 (bombed up) in 1982. I have some mediocre pictures of it if somebody is interested...:fool:

Cheers, Moggy

Show us what you've got Moggy, you can never have too many Canberra's IMO.

As for that decal sheet?  My personal favourite is the Tatty Ton (100 Sqn) B.2 followed by the 98 Sqn E.15!

• Like 1

Ony picture I could find that's not pants

Airfix 1973 kit, Aeroclub nose, turbine disks & ejector seats. Repaneled, bombed up as per original 1982 pic.

Shall endeavour to take some photographs that can be shown without cringing...

Cheers, Moggy

• Like 2

Some pictures of the building process.

Project started 1989; laid aside (after completing fuselage with Aeroclub nose) when DB Models produced a beautiful resin nose, detailed cockpit and engines conversion set for the (then new) Italeri B-57. BTW I completed THAT project in a few months (1992) as Argentine AF B-102. So I have two Argentine Canberras B mk.62 & T mk.64.

pt5LbtR.jpgMi0iQZxg.jpg

iJ89HDeg.jpgQMMu0ODg.jpgYpt2xEjg.jpgFwPDKghg.jpgeIToYhIg.jpgbxteSVlg.jpgSi0GNNpg.jpg5DD5oRbg.jpg

Edited by Moggy
  • Like 3

Hi Michael!

I use Imgur. I have an account in Photobucket but there's so many ads that it just doesn't work any longer :P

BTW i HATE advertising unchecked. :fight:

The pictures you see: you just click them in Imgur and shift them onto the answer window - you then get two sizes and you choose between them by simply marking and deleting the one you don't want. The pictures are resizable.

I'm in the process of liquidating my Photobucket account.

Edited by Moggy
  • Like 1

By Jove!  I think the chap's got the hang of this.

Nice couple of Canberra's you have there Michael.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, Hook said:

I just stumbled on this article - might be of interest to the subject at hand: 

https://modelpaintsol.com/builds/172-high-planes-canberra-suez-crisis-scheme

Cheers,

Andre 

The High Planes kits are well worth trying.  I've never been so pretentious as to make the claims he made about them.  For me, they are well moulded and when built, surprisingly in scale models.  I believe in enjoying the modelling process, which that fellow obviously did but I wouldn't bother to rescribe a kit, nor put high lighting into the grooves.  To me, most aircraft panelling disappears when more than a few metres from the aircraft so, I ask, "why bother?"   His filing down the original mouldings was interesting but IMHO, unnecessary.   The model assembles well, if you pay attention to the flash and the moulding gates.   It paints well, with a good undercoat.   The decals apply well as well.    Don't get lost in trying to emulate others, is my motto.   Do as well as you can on the next kit, just do better than the last.

• Like 3