In the display cases:

Tamiya 1/32 Mosquito, 1/32 P-51D and 1/35 Sherman Easy Eight

Rye Field Models Early and Late Tiger I and M1A2 and M1A1 Abrams

Academy 1/35 MH-60S copter, Early Hetzer, M3 Stuart and late Production Tiger Ii

Dragon Tiger II with zimmerit, Jagdpanzer IV L70, Jagdpanther G2, Panther G and SdKfz 7 half track

ICM German Communications truck and Opel Blitz and Russian ZIL-157 tractor

AFV Club Patriot Missile Launcher (Trumpeter rebox)

Meng D9R dozer with slat armor, British MKV Male and Female WWI tanks, Brit Whippet A in German colors, US Cougar MRAP 6x6

Takom Chieftan MK10 and Canadian C2 MEXAS Leopard

Revell 1/12 scale Cobra GT500

The cars on the lower shelves are die cast.

And in the other room is the 1/200 Trumpeter Missouri with the Pontos detail-up set and wooden deck and Veteran Models 40mm AA guns.

Trumpeter Cdn LAV III and German 15cm howitzer with limber and 10.5cm howitzer and limber waiting on ambition, both of the guns have the Griffon detail up multi-media sets which may have been a mistake.

This retirement stuff is getting expensive.

Lloyd

Edited by BlackMax12
  • Like 2

Thanks

I bought the first cabinet and the other 2 were Christmas presents, don't know what I did to deserve that but will try to remember for next Christmas.

I added LED strip lights down one of the front frames on each cabinet but probably will have to do the other side of each as there still isn't enough light.

Lloyd

Widow65

Yes most of them come from Avalon Hobbies by the hospital and then when I feel like getting raped I buy from Sprue Bros and Roll Models.

Not too often as it usually costs me about Cdn$120 per kit with all the exchange and freight.

Big Al is a real guy to deal with and usually gives me a break and brings in the latest stuff if I ask.

If you are from Wiltshire which is in the UK isn't it are you here at BATUS?

Lloyd

Added another string of LED tape lights to each cabinet and it looks better with more light.  Just wish they came in daylight 6500K instead of warm white but whatever.

Here are a couple of pics with the new lighting.  There are something like 270 LEDS in there now 8p4Q1KD.jpgeWphqwY.jpgand the whole thing only draws around 72 watts and doesn't get even warm so the plastic is safe (I hope)

Lloyd

EHeQKyX.jpg

I took the LEDS off of the back of the front uprights and re-mounted them on the sides of the same uprights.  They throw just as much light and don't reflect off the rear glass straight into the camera.

Should have done it that way at first as that double faced tape is not fun to work with and working behind the glass door on the hinge side without removing it is a chore. Still a bit of reflection but not nearly as bad.my0dcnf.jpg

The LED strips come in 118" lengths with their own wall wart transformer and you can cut them in half.  I ended up with two 59" pieces which are just the right length for the cabinet height and they have double faced tape for mounting

or tiny plastic brackets and screws for mounting on wooden surfaces.  Made by a company called Lumine and sold at Home Depot here in Canada for Cdn$60 per 118" set with transformer and on/off switch.

Lloyd

R0TFznW.jpgVl8cAQN.jpg

Edited by BlackMax12

21 hours ago, BlackMax12 said:

Widow65

Yes most of them come from Avalon Hobbies by the hospital and then when I feel like getting raped I buy from Sprue Bros and Roll Models.

Not too often as it usually costs me about Cdn$120 per kit with all the exchange and freight.

Big Al is a real guy to deal with and usually gives me a break and brings in the latest stuff if I ask.

If you are from Wiltshire which is in the UK isn't it are you here at BATUS?

Lloyd

I am in the UK but spend a some time in BATUS occasionally, 3 times this year ( but not in the Army though!).  I work for SAAB and we come out to support the Exercises during the TES phase, if you understand what I mean, Simulation?

Its a great little Shop, Avalon Models, but a bit expensive, but I guess eveywhere is expensive these days.

There arent any more Model Shops in Med Hat are there?

Nick

Nope that's the one and only.  There's one in Lethbridge but he doesn't stock much and Calgary is a boring 3.5hr drive, too far.

Maybe I'll run into you up at Avalon as I usually am there first thing Saturday AM for an hour or two.

Take care,

Lloyd

• Like 1

On 21/01/2017 at 11:54 PM, BlackMax12 said:

Nope that's the one and only.  There's one in Lethbridge but he doesn't stock much and Calgary is a boring 3.5hr drive, too far.

Maybe I'll run into you up at Avalon as I usually am there first thing Saturday AM for an hour or two.

Take care,

Lloyd

So you are at the mercy of "mail order" then!!

Not sure when my next trip out will be but you never know!

Cheers

Nick