German sdKfz 7 8ton Half track

Finished.

I built shell storage racks with 20 of the 155mm shells in the storage rack in the box along with tarps, wicker mats and tools but of course it's all hidden with the tarp on now.

I found a pic of this version with a cab roof so I built a frame from Evergreen 0.030 rod and added a tissue cab roof.  

Then beefed up the two supplied plastic bows in the box with additional bows and bracing and added an tissue tarp over the box.

I'm beginning to hate individual track links when there are 108 pieces per side and only about 7mm long.

I didn't want to dirty it up too much so only a light gray wash and some chipping in places.

This will be the tow tractor for my Dragon 15cm howitzer and limber if I ever get around to building that one.  It's a complicated build with lots of tiny photo etch.

Lloyd

GYCF0Kx.jpgVOZEkEg.jpgYsJeq80.jpgAu0nPCa.jpgRb6xPV6.jpgDTp9d4c.jpgUoExgeF.jpgv98dSg1.jpgDZdFxop.jpgMCKb9EF.jpgEZdnx8n.jpgOHGINwR.jpgFPsvWVO.jpg

Edited by BlackMax12
  • Like 16

• 3 weeks later...

Andrew

It was just normal white tissue paper like used in wrapping gifts and diluted 50/50 white glue and water.  I soaked the paper in the glue mixture then hung it to dry and draped it over the frames the next day.

Rolling up the side curtains was easy and the only hard part was fitting the tissue between the back of the cab and the front of the box.  It's only the paint that holds it in place with some thread ties for the curtains at the box rear.  The rolled up curtains are held with some doubled over Tamiya tape cut into strips and super glued to the bows.

Thanks for your comments,

Lloyd

Edited by BlackMax12

Andrew 

It is a Hallmark product, Hallmark greeting cards, don't know if Hallmark sells in the U.K.

The top of the package is gone but the bar code is in the picture.

Hope that helps,

Lloyd

IZ4dRi9.jpgelBtG75.jpg

Edited by BlackMax12
  • Like 1