Matchbox/Revell 1/72 Privateer (Coastguard conversion)

Always remember drooling over this in the Matchbox catalogue as a youngster but never bought one. This is a mighty fine piece of work, beautifully executed for an ageing kit.

Lovely and unusual.

Eng

• Like 1

It looks fantastic Adrian. 

I too, always wanted one, but only managed to finally get one late last year. It really is one of Matchbox's best kits and your conversion here is just amazing.

Your friend is surely going to be very pleased indeed :goodjob: !

All the best

TT

• Like 1

fantastic model, certainly you have done a lot of work to the Matchbox kit, to get out this version and to the high standard that you have achieved, and it is also JUST different form the run of the mill, well done

Ali

• Like 1

Thank you all so much for the kind comments. It has been a learning experience for me and I've come to love the Privateer with its strange stretched appearance. I've also come to love the kit (grudgingly). Normally I enjoy the build and blow it at the paint stage but this time I think the painting redeemed it as a project for me.

I'm grateful to my pal for getting me to build a pretty unique model. 

On 20/01/2017 at 13:07, spruecutter said:

By the way, what brand of decal paper did you use?

Lazertran textile. It is a clear laser printer paper and the printing I did came out incredibly sharp. I applied the transfers after printing with no protective coat and they did not run, smear or break up. It's my new favourite paper. For other printing I use Lazertran Inkjet, which has a strange, Schrodinger's cat-like existence as either white (with water-based varnish) or clear (with oil-based varnish). I think I will be using the laser-printer paper more now that I've tried them both (and I have a laser printer at work!).

Thanks All!

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hello Adrian,

Great job on a great plane.

Very generous of giving the model away.

Regards,

Orion / The Netherlands.

• Like 1