1/48 Hobbyboss Rafale B

Mach Turtle

Having finished my entry in the P-51 Group Build, I decided to rescue this kit from constructio interruptus. It's the Hobbyboss 1/48 two-seat Dassault Rafale:

DSC_5376_zpszwnct3el.jpg

It's got about an afternoon's worth of work on it already. The top and bottom are joined, and the wings and fin are joined, too.

DSC_5377_zpsefnawsqk.jpg

The goal here is to get it up to "eight-year-old boy's ceiling" standard, so I should be able to finish in time for the end of the GB.

• Like 2

Coming together. What a great-looking aircraft the Rafale is.

DSC_5381_zpsgy7ac4fp.jpg

I'm building it wheels-up, with two large external tanks under the wings and two Mica missiles on the wingtip rails.

Edited by Mach Turtle
Mica, not Magic
  • Like 2

On 20/01/2017 at 11:01 PM, Mach Turtle said:

Coming together. What a great-looking aircraft the Rafale is.

Oh yes, it's certainly that. After the horrors of the Inter-war period the French have made great efforts to improve the looks of their designs.

Coming together very well. HB/Trumpy may not always get the shape right but they can engineer a well-fitting kit if they try.

Nice of you to say, guys. Thanks.

Anyway, it's done. As planned, it's nothing fancy model-wise, but it's up to kid's-ceiling standard and maybe will inspire some aviation thinking there. You can't see it in the pictures, but the Rafale is on course to intercept a Lufthansa 747-8 (and a P-51 is sneaking up on the Rafale from below):

DSC_5403_zpsz7vsayp3.jpg

DSC_5404_zps8m0bdsdg.jpg

DSC_5406_zpsmmpvz8lp.jpg

Thanks again; I love this forum. Happy new year, everyone.

• Like 2