Old school Sea King

Finished this after a lengthy rebuild using and cannibalising its from a spare kit. Don't ask what happened but basically not much of the original build was left. Anyhow this is how it looks and recently taken images.  Just while I am in a semi modelling mood.

Revell kit, Modeldecal decals a very few decals from said Revell kit. There are some anomalies and inaccuracies such as main rotor colours and its stripes( easily corrected though) but I wanted to do an early Sea King HAS.1 in the original dark blue grey. For the main colour I used Xtracrylix Gloss Sea Blue mixed with some ocean grey airbrushed. 

So here is XV684/588/CU

IMG_1761_zpsdepkoqzk.jpg

IMG_1762_zps8mfwkynb.jpg

IMG_1763_zpsjqtmyps4.jpg

IMG_1764_zpsphtjwvf0.jpg

IMG_1765_zpsvf5kjuyy.jpg

IMG_1766_zpskrbihwjj.jpg

IMG_1767_zpstx1qknlx.jpg

• Like 35

How weird.  Been looking up references to Sea Kings this evening to see what is required to build an early AS version from available kits.  Quite a lot, it turns out.  This, however, looks terrific.  Such an attractive scheme compared to today's grey.

• Like 1

Thanks for the rotor pointer Andy. I will probably repaint them and remove those tabs(was unaware of those being a later fit)But I will draw the line there. It was a battle to rebuild it to the finish stage a few months back as it is.

Glad its pleased members here regarding the early scheme. I feel all the UK air arms need to be represented in the heyday eras.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Nigel Heath said:

Very nice. Paul, using the new BM calendar function I see we share the same birthday. Many happy returns for the 24th of Feb.

Cheers buddy! Snap!   I think I might treat myself to something new to do to get me going again for the 24th!

• Like 1

Hello,Paul - I love the Sea King and the Old School style of model finishing.Two perfect reasons why I love your splendid tribute to this iconic aircraft.

😉👍 All the best,Paul.