1/48 Anigrand Mig-31 Firefox Complete.

Pretty quick build and one for my own collection for a change, just over two weeks work from start to finish, if i ever come get another one i think i might do a NMF version. 
Overall a nice kit to build, the only thing that lets it down are the deep old panel lines, but having done a few Anigrand kits that is par for the course. 

The landing gear i thought was going to be an issue but it is quite steady even with all the weight of the resin.

After getting the base coat on i just added some random panel variations to break up the surface. 
[linked image]
The real thing if we can call it that is quite glossy and patchy but its kind of dificult to get to fussy with this sort of thing as its not real so you dont really have a lot to work with, i suppose that is also a good side to sci fi work, no real right or wrong. 
[linked image]
Last thing to do was decal and assemble, job done, yes the air brakes are up. happy.gif
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

Thanks for looking.

Regards.

Danny.

Edited by danimalmagic
  • Like 31

Oooh I like that! Oddly, I watched this movie just the other day and looked up this exact kit. At $260+ for a 1/48 kit, I couldn't justify that but after seeing this, I may change my mind once I'm feeling a little more flushed :). What color did you use as a base coat? 

Edited by Madhatter
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Madhatter said:

Oooh I like that! Oddly, I watched this movie just the other day and looked up this exact kit. At $260+ for a 1/48 kit, I couldn't justify that but after seeing this, I may change my mind once I'm feeling a little more flushed :). What color did you use as a base coat? 

Basecoat is tamiya tyre black overcoated in tamiya semi gloss clear. Wing leading edges and upper intakes are tamiya matt black.

Panel tone variations are tamiya nato black, tamiya Germany grey and individual gloss panels are a coat of Future.

You dont have to pay that much, just keep a search on EBay.

Thanks for looking.

Danny

Edited by danimalmagic
  • Like 1

That's really great looking.  I keep meaning to pick up the 1/72 scale kit but just like Madhatter, I suffer from sticker shock.

Still that's an amazing model. Just remember "think in Russian! "

Sorry couldn't resist. ...

• Like 1

:wow:

Daymn, my hats of to you sir.

Im sure Mitchell Gant would be so proud to see your results, all those panel lines have come out a treat.

The finish is great too, tell me did this come with a pilot figure?

:goodjob:

Wayne.

Edited by Deadman Disciple
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Great Job Danny love the various panel shades,you should put her in Aircraft RFI as a lot of us aircraft modellers never

venture over here into outer space!

Thanks mate, would not want to break the rules😁 I will do it later today.

6 hours ago, rockpopandchips said:

Hell that is stunning! Really very very nice the colored panels look fantastic. 

16 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Great Job Danny love the various panel shades,you should put her in Aircraft RFI as a lot of us aircraft modellers never

venture over here into outer space!

19 hours ago, Simon382 said:

Simply stunning from a film I still really enjoy. How big is the finished article?? Would be interesting posed next to an actual Mig 31

On 20/01/2017 at 7:54 AM, Hunter Rose said:

Great job! Really love the different shades of grey on the panels, it looks fantastic

On 19/01/2017 at 10:53 PM, Parabat said:

Excellent job, that looks brilliant! Superb. Good memories.

On 19/01/2017 at 10:49 PM, The Chief Smeg said:

Now all you need is a submarine poking through an ice sheet runway for refuelling!

not seen that film since it came out at the cinema. Classic. 

On 19/01/2017 at 10:27 PM, Hewy said:

Great job,i like how you've made what could have been a very boring black scheme, very eye catching indeed,like it

Glynn

On 19/01/2017 at 10:27 PM, Hewy said:

Great job,i like how you've made what could have been a very boring black scheme, very eye catching indeed,like it

Glynn

On 19/01/2017 at 11:07 AM, HOUSTON said:

Danny..

EXQUISITE  work.

I like your FLAWLESSLY NEAT Black painting. :Tasty:

STUNNING. :mike:

On 19/01/2017 at 8:43 AM, whitestar12chris said:

Well done, my all time favourite Mig. What a great finish.

All the best Chris

On 18/01/2017 at 9:09 PM, Thud4444 said:

That's really great looking.  I keep meaning to pick up the 1/72 scale kit but just like Madhatter, I suffer from sticker shock.

Still that's an amazing model. Just remember "think in Russian! "

Sorry couldn't resist. ...

On 19/01/2017 at 6:25 AM, k5054nz said:

I love it. Absolutely fantastic job - as I said earlier on, you've done her justice!

On 19/01/2017 at 7:58 AM, Deadman Disciple said:

:wow:

Daymn, my hats of to you sir.

Im sure Mitchell Gant would be so proud to see your results, all those panel lines have come out a treat.

The finish is great too, tell me did this come with a pilot figure?

:goodjob:

Wayne.

Thanks guys/gal

Danny

• Like 1