D.H Venom FAW 21/22 detailed drawings/plans?

Bergwall

Hi,
I'm involved of the review work of Pilot Replicas DeHavilland Venom FAW 21. Allthough we have some D.H tech manuals we have been lacking really detailed plans or drawings from the beginning. We have the Swedish J 33 of course for the common design/parts but these Swe a/c are lacking the tail (nose is different etc also). I have a couple of comments regarding the lastest file I got, but the CAD guys are mostly struggeling with the "duck tail" hook fairing or what to call it. They would like more real geometrical data than just comparing with pictures. Is there anything like that out there, books or any references?

VenomFAW2017-01-18_01_zpshoxzsawu.png

(Note this is an ISO view, perspective might be drunk)

The best thing we could get is of course section drawings for the whole tail but I'm not sure if that is accessible in commercial books etc. Any assistance out there?

Pilot-Replicas-Logo1_zpsz0shgawq.png 96f6b941-b507-4e55-8858-96f1a15f7034_zps
Best regards 
Robert

Thank you Steve. Steve has allready helped us enormously in this project.

Real stuff is probably the best thing one can have regarding references, the drawback is however it might be tricky to get some dimesions out of it since it's hard to measure and handle, even if the answer is right there in front of us.

But since the tail cone is separated we might have found a way (coordinate wise) to map the profile/curvature. (3D-scanning is also an option of course but we don't have that ability right now.)

Still if someone sits on a good drawing I'm intrested, just as another input.

Thank you
Robert

try these

de Havilland      Sea Venom 21 53            Air Enthusiast    197311 kit review              Frog 72

de Havilland      Sea Venom        Air Fan  197909 article   FN

de Havilland      Sea Venom        Air International             197711 ident     drawing

de Havilland      Sea Venom FAW.22       Air International             198103 kit review              Matchbox 32

de Havilland      Sea Venom        Air International             199008 letter     9101

de Havilland      Sea Venom        Air Pictorial        197310 article  

de Havilland      Sea Venom        Air Pictorial        197405 letter     7411

de Havilland      Sea Venom FAW.53       Air Pictorial        197405 letter    

de Havilland      Sea Venom 21 53            Aircraft Illustrated          197404 kit review              Frog 72

de Havilland      Sea Venom FAW.22       Aircraft Modelworld      198807 article              Matchbox 32 drawing

de Havilland      Sea Venom FAW.21       Airfix     201212 kit review           cyber hobby 72

de Havilland      Sea Venom FAW.21       Airfix     201311 kit review           Cyber Hobby 72

de Havilland      Sea Venom 21 53            Aviation News   02 08     kit review              Frog 72

de Havilland      Sea Venom        Aviation News   11 06                   plans 72

de Havilland      Sea Venom FAW.22       Flying Review    195809 article   3d

de Havilland      Sea Venom FAW.21       IPMS UK              198007 article   Yeovilton

de Havilland      Sea Venom FAW.22       IPMS UK              1992 06               article              Frog 72

de Havilland      Sea Venom        Model-Aire        02 05     article   drawing Suez

de Havilland      Sea Venom FAW.21       Modeldecal       72024   decal sheet              890 801

de Havilland      Sea Venom FAW.21       Planes   01 01     article   890 sqn drawings

de Havilland      Sea Venom        Plastic Aircraft Models   197310 photos  detail

de Havilland      Sea Venom 21 53            Replica in Scale 02 03     kit review              Frog 72

de Havilland      Sea Venom FAW.21       Scale Aircraft Modelling               200903 kit review  cla 48

de Havilland      Sea Venom FAW 21        Scale Aircraft Modelling               201205 kit review  Cyber Hobby 72

de Havilland      Sea Venom 21 53            Scale Aviation Modeller 199808 V4 #8    kit review  ska 72 redo frog

de Havilland      Sea Venom 21 53            Scale Aviation Modeller 199902 V5 #2    kit review  Tokyo Marui 72 redo frog

de Havilland      Sea Venom 21 53            Scale Models     197310 kit review              Frog 72

de Havilland      Sea Venom FAW.22       Scale Models     198206 article   Matchbox 32 RAF Venom NF3

21 hours ago, tempestfan said:

Your garden is a mess, Sir. 

That would be  what we call the bush, where I have spent a large amount of my leave break attempting to rescue this aircraft and another from the scrappers.

• Like 1

Recovering two wrecks to enable the possible restoration of WZ.897 from this

_5256856_zpsc5fdd6bc.jpg

To this

WZ-897_zps8bri36qd.jpg

I shant be relating the story as it has been anything but pleasant, one good thing is the tail cone is now

sitting in my garage. As soon as it has had a good pressure wash to remove the wild life I'll set to measuring it.

I'd post a picture but after this week the first person who said my garage was a mess/disgrace would be introduced to the 

letters G,B & H

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NAVY870 said:

I'd post a picture but after this week the first person who said my garage was a mess/disgrace would be introduced to the 

letters G,B & H

I'm just envious that I have no full-scale kits in my Garage (which is spacious BTW), but perhaps I should look to Change this...

All the best that that Project Comes to fruition.