King Tiger "ambush" scheme - Airfix 1/76th

Stu

Picked up cheap at the Hornby sale this is something of a practice piece after doing their Matilda. From a bit of digging around I understand the model is based on a prototype and you can't really model a service machine.

It's seems a neat if simple model and goes together quite well though I ended up putting in a brass rod as an axle for the drive sprockets as the vinyl tracks did a good job of trying to break them off.

For Christmas I treated my self to this http://www.migjimenez.com/en/the-weathering-magazine-publications/769-how-to-paint-172-military-vehicles.html

and was rather taken with the"ambush" scheme on the  Panzer46 model and decided to give it a go.

Although the result is totally fictitious and I've probably made numerous mistakes I really enjoyed doing it and any comments, good, bad or indifferent appreciated.

Think another coat of matt varnish needed though.

Cheers

Stu

Edited by Stu
Photobucket....!
  • Like 16

Thank you Steve :-)

Knocked out a simple base from mdf  offcuts and some pounded up concrete found in the scenery box.

As the weather was fine and sunny took it outside to try for a couple more photos, hopefully  a bit better.

Cheers

Stu

Tiger%202-6_zpsujmitl3i.jpg

Tiger%202-8_zps4vqbvjdm.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...