Haseagawa 1/72 P-38

Hi All,

this is an old kit but goes together in Hase style, very nicely. details are raised but crisp but there is nothing to see in the CP... and I didn't add anything for you too see either so please don't look...

funny thing, i really wanted to build a p-38 since watching the GB, its a very handsome brute... anyway one of the builds i enjoyed must was cookies Aleutian defender (?) P-38, such a great finish and I basically bought this kit (not the one he built, he had all kinds of trouble and had to do real modelling and everything) on the back of it as it was cheap... but never built it as i don't often do US aircraft, for no other reason other than there are so many RAF/FAA topics i love, just so you know.... when i started i decided to do itsy bitsy II, cookie then reminded me of his build that inspired this and un-remembered by myself it had been the previous mount of the pilot itsy bitsy.... there's subconscious for you eh. useless information really, shall we see the plane?

31995987350_51faab2f3b_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

31562081083_df917fa6b0_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

32334085116_fa6e85cf95_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

31995987510_a60985d152_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

32253009531_8e94d52c44_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

32373226925_f922d776a2_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

its a very cool aircraft, i may have fallen in love a little with it... i need to build more!

all brush painted using a mix of humbrol and citadel paints, transfers from the box, weathering is pastels and citadel wash for fuel stains.

comments welcome

Rob

• Like 3