Airfix Mustang IV

Hi All,

This was built for the mustang GB but i missed the deadline... mainly as i only started it four days before the end of the GB... foolish really but good fun!

Its markings are from the lovely xtradecal sheet Fighters Over the Med Part 2(?) and is a mount from 249 Sqn, makes a change from building there Malta spitfires.

All painted with tamiya paints and all painted by brush. weathering using a number of different shades and citadel wash for fuel stains.

hope you like it!

31992096450_cdbd2ee7b5_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

32369090705_919c926144_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

31526458014_4d26f04158_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

31557978353_75a4531d02_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

31992098400_1a4d057260_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

31557977573_bd885bb3ed_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

aerial snapped and needs replacing! in fact a lot of things snapped as the sprue gates on this kit are a real let down of what is a delightful build with lovely details.

cheers and comments and critique welcome

Rob

P.s. having reviewed the pictures i am now off to do some touch ups that i missed on the paint work...what a fool

Edited by rob85
  • Like 20

Cheers goggsy and OT.

OT the spinner is painted with humbrol enamel, which when nicely thinned are great and I do enjoy painting with them... but they take so long to dry and stink the house out so are banned for use in the kitchen... nice to use them once and a while to bring back those child hood memories (and I had run out of tamiya flat red...)

Rob

• Like 2