Hello everyone, I'm new to here and I'd like to start off by showing my Amodel 1/72 Il-38 May. A challenging kit but not without reward, I am a huge fan of this company as they make subjects not found anywhere else. 

dsc-4567_orig.jpg

dsc-4571_orig.jpg

dsc-4584_orig.jpg

dsc-4587_orig.jpg

dsc-4589_orig.jpg

• Like 72

Cripes, that's a hell of an introduction! I've built a few Amodel kits, and thereby have some faint notion of the work you must have had to put in to get this result.

• Like 2

Fantastic work, well done. I'm becoming a fan of Amodel kits too - their interesting parts breakdown makes them a bit of a challenge, but they are interesting and unique subjects, they build up into impressive models, and they aren't all that hard to build if you give it some thought and don't rush it.

• Like 2

Great model. Like mentioned, these type of work horses you do not see much in the model world.

I enjoyed it. Going to look into the world of Amodel.

Regards, Orion/The Netherlands.

• Like 1

Hi galaxygirl,

That is so cool, I've never seen that plane anywhere else.

Flawless build + unique and cool russian recce/electronic warfare theme = AWESOMENESS !!!

Do you have more Pictures of your builds?

Regards,

olli

• Like 1

See - you can make great models from Amodel kits - it just needs a bit of effort.

Nicely done galaxygirl - great build and finish - and welcome to Britmodeller.

Did you do anything with the cockpit glazing ?? - Mine was sloping down on one side - I had to build up the opposite side to get it straight......

il-38_40.jpg

Robot - Do you have more Pictures of your builds?

If galaxygirl doesn't - my build / WIP is here.

Ken

• Like 2

See what they mean with quotes like... a bit of work, fighting with one, know what you had to put up with.

Great job and unusual . Looks brilliant in those outdoor shots. Did you have the same lop sided front end like Ken did ?

Must have missed your efforts on this Ken. Will go and look now.

Why does No1's spinner have a green tip and the other three a red one ?

Welcome to BM. Great entrance too, thanks for showing.

• Like 1

Beautiful job on that May! As noted here, Amodel kits can be challenging, but they are usually accurate and their subject matter, especially for Soviet/Russian subjects can't be beaten (I have a Be-10 Mallow wending its way to me). Welcome indeed to the site!

Best Regards,

Jason

• Like 1