This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Duncan B

Wingnut Wings have arrived at BlackMike Models

41 posts in this topic

Not those guys again! They had my best pair of work-boots. (I won't be broadcasting the vessel's name until it's through the Red Sea.)

Duncan B

Well, if the Spectre's that flew past over the last few days are going where I think they are going, the all-important, nirvana-holding floaty target should be OK;)

Edited by wyverns4
1 person likes this

Heading north east out to sea were they? Target practice in a safe area where there are no locals fishing and such like.

Duncan B

Close enough, but no returnees...;)

Edited by wyverns4
1 person likes this

The Wingnut Wiings World Cruise continues with the rounding of Sri Lanka this morning. They have turned NW and are starting the run across the Indian Ocean towards Jeddah in Saudi Arabia.

Duncan B

1 person likes this

The WnW cruise has arrived in Jeddah in the Red Sea on schedule and will soon be setting off again heading north to the Suez Canal and then into the Med. This is a journey I've made before and the crew will notice the weather changing ever so slightly every day once they turn west in the Med. As far as I'm aware there are no other scheduled portcalls so it's the homeward run next.

Duncan B (starting to get excited about the new arrivals)

I've just received a little surprise from my WnW Distributor. They have E mailed to tell me that my order for all the Wingnut Wings kits other than the Camels is being packed today.

So that is good news for those customers who have pre-orders for all other WnW kits. I am hoping that my order will be with me by the end of next week and the dispatch of pre-orders for those kits will commence then. General sales for the kits received will also commence then so if you are interested keep an eye on the 'New Arrivals' section of the BlackMike Models website.

Duncan B

The WnW Camel caravan continues to steam ever closer, this evening they are steaming NW along the southern coast of Sicily and will soon be turning W for the run towards the Straits of Gibraltar, all very exciting stuff (well it is for this salty old seadog anyway). The vessel is due into Rotterdam on the 13th March and I think the container will then travel overland to the Distributor so everything looks on schedule for me to receive them in the 3rd week of March.

All the other WnW stock have arrived at UPS's Depot in Dundee this morning so hopefully will be delivered to me by the end of April !! (See my previous rant about UPS in the Chat section). I only have limited numbers of each kit in the first batch so keep an eye on the website if you are interested in grabbing one.

Duncan B

1 person likes this

Good old UPS, the best delivery service ever. The first batch of Wingnuts Wings have arrived and are now available to buy on the BlackMike Models website.

:frantic::jump_fire::elephant:

Duncan B (might be just a little excited)

1 person likes this

The Camels have made it through the Straits of Gibraltar during the night and are currently due south of Faro in Portugal so will soon have reached the westernmost point of their journey and will commence the run north towards Biscay and then the Channel.

There is an old Naval term called "The Channels" which is still in use today and means that the crew are getting excited about the end of their voyage, The story goes that in the days of Empire when the ships were returning from India the troops onboard didn't know where they were until the order to change from tropical uniform to standard uniform was given as the ship was approaching the English Channel (and then they would get all excited, hence "The Channels").

Well I've certainly got the channels at the moment!

All the other WnW kits have now been received, checked off the manifest and entered into the BlackMike Models website and are available to buy now. Here's the link to the Wingnut Wings Collection on the website: 

https://www.blackmikemodels.co.uk/collections/wingnut-wings

Duncan B

1 person likes this

The Camels are well on their way through the English Channel, currently between Eastbourne on their left and Dieppe on their right. Not long to wait now.

Duncan B

So they've still not arrived then ;) just the title says arrived, you seem to have missed out 'not' :lol:

2 hours ago, colin said:

So they've still not arrived then ;) just the title says arrived, you seem to have missed out 'not' :lol:

Depends what you mean by "They"? As I said in the post on Friday morning the rest of the current 2017 Catalogue has arrived (and they are Wingnut Wings kits so that constitutes "arrival" in my book), I'm just waiting on the Camels to catch up. 

4/10 for Interpretation Colin, go to the back of the class :tease:

Duncan B

The WnW Camels by now should be at the Distributor's warehouse. I imagine they have quite a bit of inventory taking to do before packing up all the orders for the respective Retailers but I am hoping to get notification any time now that they have been boxed up and are on their way to me.

I will post another update once I know they are on their way to me. Thanks for your patience folks :)

Duncan B

The Camels are currently clearing Customs at the port of entry into the EU. My Distributor expects to have taken delivery by next week. 

Hang tight Folks, they are getting closer. 

Duncan B