Moroccan F-16D

Hallo Enzo,

Just before you start, I don't think you can make a blk52+ Moroccan F-16D from an F-16I. Unless the F-16I kit also has the blk52+ parts in it (like the extended fin base etc) as well as the F-16I bits, you are going to have source another kit or do some cross kitting. Sorry to rain on your parade!

Cheers, Paul

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PaulR said:

Hallo Enzo,

Just before you start, I don't think you can make a blk52+ Moroccan F-16D from an F-16I. Unless the F-16I kit also has the blk52+ parts in it (like the extended fin base etc) as well as the F-16I bits, you are going to have source another kit or do some cross kitting. Sorry to rain on your parade!

Cheers, Paul

You're quite right, Paul.  I will be doing a teensy bit of cross-kitting. :)  I have the extended fin base sections from the Revell kits which I am building in another thread.    Are there any other differences?  

2 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

I first thought you had finally gone mixed up with all these group builds, and made a blitz single type Sufa build. Now where's the build thread :bobby: ?

It wouldn't be the first time that I'd got mixed up.  Sometimes I'm holding on too tight and I lose the edge...   :D

Here is the build thread for that Sufa, which has far better sprue shots that what I have just posted.    I'm shocked to see that it was nearly five years ago!!!  

• Like 1

welcome with #4 Enzo, I as wondering when you were going to show/start this one as you'd been teasing us all with her photo-bombing in your triple build.

Gosh if I see another Israeli F-16 I.......... may have to build one! :doh: (I know you building  a Moroccan one)

Well good luck with this one and you stitch work, she'll be something different in the gallery. 

10 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

I've heard that the Kinetic kit is problematic.  I don't see the problem.  This is my previous attempt at this kit.

030.jpg

I think the issue was with the early release single seat kits. The nose drooped down too much i think. Kinetic attempted to fix the error in later single seat releases, but the two hole Vipers did not seem to have the same issue,

cheers,

Pappy

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Cockpit, intake and main gear bay

MRC002.jpg

And the fuselage halves.  No joint line to be dealt with on the upper fuselage as it is in one piece.

MRC003.jpg

This one builds up quite quickly.  Here is a replacement rear fuselage from attack Squadron.

MRC004.jpg

The dorsal spine needs some work to represent that used on Moroccan aircraft.

It was my intention to use the extended tail parts from the Revell kits which I am also building.  However, they were slightly too low in profile, so I used resin replacements from Quickboost instead. 

MRC005.jpg

The lower part has been modified.  The Israeli aircraft have a jammer housing on the spine which has to be removed.  Israeli aircraft also have a GPS antenna on the spine. The cutout for this will need to be filled.

Taking shape!

MRC006.jpg

• Like 4

Mish!! who's that person!!! :D

Yes i do remember someone of that name being very excited about this GB!!  Though now I think it's a name talked about in hushed circles... sort of like the Phantom!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trickyrich said:

Mish!! who's that person!!! :D

Yes i do remember someone of that name being very excited about this GB!!  Though now I think it's a name talked about in hushed circles... sort of like the Phantom!

Sorry, I meant "AnonymousDFB1" :rofl:

• Like 1

To be honest, the Kinetic Sufa kit isn't the best basis for a Moroccan F-16D.  The Kinetic Greek/Polish F-16D kit would have been a far better bet, but they are like hen's teeth.  The Sufa has a lot of extra lumps and bumps on the nose and intakes.  So...   the kit parts went into the spares box and suitable parts were sourced from spare bits in the Revell kits.  The nose antenna (which haven't been primed yet) were cut down from intake antenna.  They still need a bit of refinement.

MRC007.jpg

A close up of the spine and tail.  The Quickboost parts only have a fairing on the starboard side. Luckily I had a second set in the spares box, so the port side fairing was robbed from it.

MRC008.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

The base sand color was sprayed with Lifecolor UA717 Cold Base Color.  This is intended for use in portraying wood, but it looked just right for this application.

MRC009.jpg

Masked with my usual technique of Blutak worms and Copydex.  It was then sprayed with Lifecolor UA015 FS30219 Vietnam Tan

MRC010.jpg

Masking removed and the undersaides sprayed with Xtracrylix XA1113 FS16270 Neutral Grey.

MRC011.jpg

• Like 3

On 31/01/2017 at 8:54 AM, Enzo Matrix said:

To be honest, the Kinetic Sufa kit isn't the best basis for a Moroccan F-16D.  The Kinetic Greek/Polish F-16D kit would have been a far better bet, but they are like hen's teeth. 

Cripes, I must have caught the hen when it wasn't looking. :)  The hard part will be deciding which scheme to finiah it in.

I'm liking the look of this a lot Enzo, carry on. :)

Steve

• Like 1

arrr "blutak worms"!!! :wub: Let me count the ways I love you......

Gosh from sitting there in undercoat in Jan to now suddenly almost done.....they are right, you done move in mysterious ways!!

She does look awfully nice in that scheme, well done!

• Like 1