My first AFV: Tamiya 1/48 Japanese Navy Komatsu G40 Bulldozer

3 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Very nicely done indeed, especially for a first effort at armour.....Really impressed.  :coolio:

Thanks Sarge, even tho' it's not really armour ( keep looking up to where Stix has his Meng  D9R stashed...):hmmm::wicked:

On 1/20/2017 at 11:16 AM, Ozzy said:

Nice going Mrs Stix, my first armoured vehicle never looked like that. :goodjob: 

Cheers Ozzy, helps having a good teacher (he's big headed enough, but it's true!) There are so many great builds on here to inspire me as well...:)

• Like 1

On 1/21/2017 at 3:41 AM, pinetree_fella said:

Absolutely fantastic, as soon as I can get my "study" back into some semblance of order I need to have a crack at mine.

Thanks! There are several extremely good examples of it on the site and they're really good to get ideas from! Please post it here so I can see it! :)

Just now, stevej60 said:

Superb work,you could be soon eclipsing "him indoors" with this kind of quality:D

better not "Like" this post, might get some grief!!! -:wicked: It'll take a good few years before I could aspire to that, but I'm enjoying learning - even if it's how to remove excess glue when I get carried away/confused about what fits where -I've genuinely got no spatial awareness! :confused:

I am getting quite addicted to the hobby now and really find researching AFVs, et:)c.as fascinating as Dinosaurs. 

• Like 2

WOW !! Great work. As I stated before you definitely have more courage than I do because you painted the figure. I also like the photography ... something that I am not doing well. Thanks for letting us tag along for the ride.          Bob H.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Bob Henry said:

WOW !! Great work. As I stated before you definitely have more courage than I do because you painted the figure. I also like the photography ... something that I am not doing well. Thanks for letting us tag along for the ride.          Bob H.

You're way too kind, and as I said yours provided me with the confidence to get on with the kit. The figure was the most difficult bit and I will need a lot more practice before I can get them to look decent. Stix's photos are really good, he's always enjoyed photography.

Edited by Mrs PlaStix