Jaguar GR1 Cockpit Colours

Drem

Hello Folks.

Wondering if anybody can help.

About to start on The Revell Jaguar (1/48), and was wondering if anybody could advise me to what colours it should be. Noticed that the sides are given as Medium Grey in the instructions.

Dont want to go overboard with mixing paints etc so a "One colour" situation is all am looking for.

Cheers.

Kenny Walker.

Any colour you like as long as it's black.  

I'm sure there are photos on the Walkarounds pages on here and on the web in general.  AFAIK there was no difference between any of the variants or operators.  

I remember sitting in the front cockpit of XX144 at Coltishall in early 1975 and being surprised that it was "still" black when I knew that other contemporary types such as the Harrier, Phantom, Lightning 2A and 6, Tornado and Buccaneer were in grey.

3 hours ago, stever219 said:

I remember sitting in the front cockpit of XX144 at Coltishall in early 1975 and being surprised that it was "still" black when I knew that other contemporary types such as the Harrier, Phantom, Lightning 2A and 6, Tornado and Buccaneer were in grey.

I assume that's because it was a joint program with the French, who were still painting their cockpits black at the time.

Regards,

Murph

Thanks for that everybody.

One more before I go.

The interior of the wheel wells?

Seen it said that they should be Zinc Chromate but looks a lot lighter on bits I have seen. Hints?

Again the Walkarounds pages are your friend, but remember that some of the airframes on there are extensively weathered while XX765 at Cosford is (IIRC) almost pristine.  As Dave has suggested start with a greenish lemon and work from there.

A black-gray type paint is great for these cockpits. You can then create a bit of contrast with the side panels and dials with proper black.

And although the Jaguar does genuinely look like the cockpit is black, some other allegedly black cockpits are really dark grays (like the Rafale)

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/cesm1/media/RafaleCOCKPIT.jpg.html