1/48 Tamiya Grumman F-14A

Hello

This is my first finished kit of this year with this Grumman F-14A BuNo 159446 from VF-142 aboard CV-66 USS America in 1977.

Decals came from the Furball Aero Design Sheet N°48-021 "Tomcats part one". I chose this one to match some of the Tamiya parts like the beaver tail second type.

I had to scribe the gun events with seven groups according to the decal instruction sheet.

It was a real pleasure to build this kit as usually I am in the 1/72 scale world.

She should soon be published in Tamiya Model Magazine French Edition.

Patrick

m_489700912_0.jpg

m_489700918_0.jpg

• Like 26

Not bad mate but it looks like the front windshield piece is not flush with the rest of the nose? And should the main canopy be higher when open? Could it stop halfway? cause it looks like the RIO would have to slide through the gap on his belly...

Edited by Tony Oliver
Punctuation

27 minutes ago, Tony Oliver said:

Not bad mate but it looks like the front windshield piece is not flush with the rest of the nose? And should the main canopy be higher when open? Could it stop halfway? cause it looks like the RIO would have to slide through the gap on his belly...

Absolutely right and I modified just after the first pictures.

Patrick

m_489779368_0.jpg

• Like 2

Nice looking build, Patrick!

I have one underway in VF-32 markings. Compared to the Hasegawa kit, it really flies together quickly, though i think the cockpit consoles are harder to get a nice clean result with. However, at least they fit...

david

• 3 weeks later...