Koenig Specials Ferraris

Alan R

Here's another build I am going to complete in 2017.

This is a brace of Koenig Specials Ferraris that I have had on my 'books' for a considerable time:

They are the 'Real Sports Car' series by Fujimi.

They are both models that were started some time ago, one by my son (who was probably only about 11 at the time), the other by me. They then got abandoned for no particular reason.

So without further ado, here are the pictures:

The box art:

IMG_0039_zpsisoej3um.jpg

The 'red' car sprues:

IMG_0040_zpsl8xtljw8.jpg

IMG_0041_zpsnjxmlj0u.jpg

IMG_0042_zpsgru5zjiz.jpg

The 'white' car sprues:

IMG_0043_zps8en1wsuu.jpg

And finally the two model bodies:

IMG_0044_zpsctkegxe7.jpg

As you can see, the 'red' car was painted red and then stripped. I had originally painted it with Humbrol gloss enamel (19), but I decided that the finish wasn't up to scratch, and needed some TLC, in this case stripping with caustic soda. I don't think that the 'staining' will come through when I re-prime (hopefully). I will be using zero paints for primer and top colour.

As for the 'white' car, my son had painted various parts, but I have decided to strip the part-assembled model (mostly done) and re-construct it. The only issue I have for this is removing the front suspension & steering from the floor pan. I might just leave it there and attempt to work around the moving parts, i.e. the steering.

I hope you enjoy this.

Best Regards, Alan.

A bit of progress...

I have been trying to get the bodies prepped for priming. I noticed that as I was looking at both bodies, more bits were about to fall off. Badly cemented by both me and my son! Some gentle persuasion, and thy were removed without damage.

Also, I mentioned in my last post that the 'white' floor pan had the front suspension and steering still installed and that this was going to hinder priming it. Well, after a quick prod with a narrow bladed screw-driver it all fell out with no damage to either the sub-frame or the floor pan.

I noticed two large ejector marks on the underside of the rear wing. After a little application of Mr white filler and a bit of wet sanding with 1500 grit, the holes have been filled. I have to admit that when installed on the body, you won't be able to see the marks, but I know it's there...

Once both bodies have been prepped for priming I'll post some more pictures.

Cheers, Alan.