Aeropoxy DH.83 Fox Moth

This is the 1/72 Aeropoxy resin kit of the DH.83 Fox Moth.

It is finished in one of the kit's three decal options and represents a 1930s aircraft used for air taxi work by the Yugoslav airline Aeroput.

P1100093_zpsvlonf3e2.jpg

P1100095_zpsadumjdf8.jpg

P1100096_zpsgjfqw4uu.jpg

P1100098_zpsg9y3kr20.jpg

Cheers

Cliff

• Like 33

Nice!

Fox Moth is one the most beautiful small biplanes. I needed it so desperatly that once I made my DH 83 of of scratch using some modified DH 82 (AZ) parts...(it was on BM in 2015). 

Cheers

J-W

• Like 1

Looks lovely. Glad you got it to the finish line after stalling before.

After watching your build I keep thinking about getting one of these, but that will likely lead to me getting other DH types to go with it.  Going to have to stop looking at things on here!

Well done.

Steve

• Like 1

That really is a beautifully built and presented model of one of my favourite subjects Cliff :goodjob: .

I have this unbuilt in the stash, along with one of their Spartan Cruisers.

I must look for your build thread on this, I'm interested to see how you achieved such a wonderful hub on the rigging (and the rest).

Just excellent :thumbsup2: 

Best regards

TonyT

• Like 1

Thank you all for your kind words folks - they are much appreciated :).

I do like inter-war light aircraft and as some of you have said, they can become addictive.  I'm really trying not to buy any more kits now (i've got more than enough to be getting on with), but Omega Resins do a 1/72 Puss Moth which keeps tempting me :wicked:!

This was my third Aeropoxy kit build (my first being their Spartan Cruiser), and I do enjoy them.  A little bit of work involved sometimes, but they always seem to turn out nicely and offer some very unusual/interesting subjects.

2 hours ago, TonyTiger66 said:

I must look for your build thread on this, I'm interested to see how you achieved such a wonderful hub on the rigging (and the rest).

Tony,  the build was covered by two GB threads.  The most recent was in the current KUTA.  This includes a link back to where it all started (in 2015!).  There's nothing on the rigging though - it's simply heat stretched sprue, fixed with CA and tensioned in-situ using a smouldering wooden cocktail stick.  I tend to use silver coloured sprue which, whilst not always strictly accurate, does seem to give a much finer visual appearance in natural light.  It can glow a bit under photobooth lighting though B)!

Cheers

Cliff

• Like 3

Thanks again everyone for your positive comments :).

14 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

A Tiger Moth Beluga?

Not far from the truth Adrian!    As I understand it, the designer Arthur Hagg originally developed the Fox Moth (from the Tiger Moth), as a means of getting him and his family to the coast.  He was a keen yachtsman apparently.

10 hours ago, Viking said:

I'll have to look out for one.

If you are tempted John, they are readily available from Aeropoxy's  eBay store or, I believe, Aviation Megastore.

Cheers

Cliff