The Pacific at War GB Chat

trickyrich

Ok I’ve had this running as a discussion piece for a while and there does seem to be some interest in this concept. For those who haven’t seen it it’s basically this.

We take 2 – 3 smaller (not necessarily) GB’s of a common theme and then put them together in one unifying build. They would each be run as their own GB operating under a common Host, me in this case, plus a Co-Host for each of these Sub-GB’s. It really wouldn't run much different than a normal GB. At the end the voting would just be divided into 3 GB groups. This way some of the smaller GB’s have a chance to going into the GB calendar they’d never normally have!

So for this initial one I'd like to start with these 3 interesting build subjects, which are open to land/air/and sea subjects;

• SEA Theatre – to include India, Ceylon, Thailand, Burma, Indochina, Malaya, Singapore, and Dutch East Indies. (Dec41 to Aug45)

• Carriers at War in the Pacific - either "The Battle of Midway" or "The Battle of Coral Sea”*

• Australian and New Zealand Operations in the Pacific

*(ok land subjects may be a bit hard for this one)

While these may sound like huge GB’s we’ve seen many a time that just because it’s a huge GB doesn’t mean it will actually make it into the next years build calendar!

I dropped the Guadalcanal Campaign one in favour of the Aust/NZ Op. GB as it was a wee bit restrictive, where is the later one has a huge range of interesting subjects.

You may have noticed that there are very few restrictions on Japanese subjects, as long as your build would fit one of these groups it would be fine.

So all you have to does is express your interest and say which one you’d like to participate in…or all three if you want? Plus if you’d like to help Co-Host one of the Sub GB’s….easy huh!

Da List!

1, trickyrich      - Host   -  Aust. & NZ Op's

2, jrxl    - Carriers

3, SleeperService   - SEA

4, GrandBoof   - SEA or Aust. & NZ Op's

5, Sabre_days - Carriers  -  Co-Host

6, Arniec     - SEA - Co-Host

7, helios16v   - Carriers

9, LDSModeller   - 

10, Joss   - 

11, TEMPESTMK5     - Carriers

12, modelling minion    - SEA

13, Cookenbacher   - SEA & Aust. & NZ Op's

14, Ozzy   - 

15, Sgt. Squarehead   - SEA & Aust. & NZ Op's

16, franky boy   - SEA

17, beefy66   - SEA 

18, Angus Tura   - 

19, Grey Beema   - Carriers & SEA

20, rob85  - 

21, snapper_city   - 

22, Knight_Flyer   - 

23, Crossiant Oliver   - Carries, SEA

24, old thumper   - 

25, Mikemx  - Carriers, SEA 

26, Dave_R   - SEA 

27, zegeye

28, Romeo Alpha Yankee    - Aust. & NZ Op's - Co-Host

29, Avereda   - SEA & Aust. & NZ Op's

30, Kallisti   - SEA

31, Jockney  - SEA

32, theplasticsurgeon     - SEA, Aust. & NZ Op's, carriers

• Like 1

Count me in, as I have several US Navy kits that fit the "Carriers" GB.

Just a question, where would the Pearl Harbour attack fit in?

Cheers

Jaime

welcome aboard.

2 hours ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good morning Rich

What about the operations in China , the AVG ans all allied forces operating from these bases against Japan ?

Patrice

For this one Patrice I'll leave it out as that is a Sub GB in itself, for this GB I'll limit it to these 3 GB's

welcome along Sabre.

If you'd like to mention which GB you'd be interested in joining, then please do, it's not a commitment, just helps me with the orginising. I'll start the list now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Arniec said:

OK, I am in with all tree?!?! :doh:What have I done?! I must be crazy.:mental:

Cheers,

we worked that out a long time ago......... plus I think you get bored easy if you're not building models

1 hour ago, helios16v said:

:thumbsup:

Just picked up another Dauntless a few weeks back...and happen to have some Midway decals for it.  

Nice!!!

On 15/01/2017 at 00:00, trickyrich said:

welcome aboard, for this one I'm leaving out Pearl Harbour as to do it justice it needs to be it's won GB, may be in the next one if this ideas takes off.

Fair enough, I'll just have to find another excuse to buy Airfix's Pearl Habour set :D

Cheers

Jaime

Just now, PhantomBigStu said:

Buy it anyway, I don't do PTO and I still managed it...;)

I'll have to make room for it in the stash first... I must finish a few stuck builds...

Hi Rich,

Count me in for this one.

I will go for the Carriers at War in the Pacific, and/or Aussie/Kiwi Ops in the Pacific.

I would like to do a build with the Battle for Singapore in mind, but nothing in the stash for that at the moment

Thanks/regards

Alan

4 hours ago, LDSModeller said:

Hi Rich,

Count me in for this one.

I will go for the Carriers at War in the Pacific, and/or Aussie/Kiwi Ops in the Pacific.

I would like to do a build with the Battle for Singapore in mind, but nothing in the stash for that at the moment

Thanks/regards

Alan

welcome aboard Alan, when you look at the three Sub-GB's the choices are pretty much endless!

I know I'll change my mine quite a few times....though a 1/32nd resin Ki-61I is pretty hard to beat! 

I'll join this one! Not sure which ones yet!! (Sorry):(. Got a few Aussie planes and a 1:48 p38 with all the Eduard resin with sea markings... :hmmm:

(Stupid question) Does the carriers at war cover the planes flown from them?? 

Cheers

Joss

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Joss said:

Yes they do.  I'm likely building a Dauntless myself.  :coolio:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Joss said:

I'll join this one! Not sure which ones yet!! (Sorry):(. Got a few Aussie planes and a 1:48 p38 with all the Eduard resin with sea markings... :hmmm:

Cheers

Joss

Nice of you to join us, and yes it most certainly does and don't forget the Japanese ones as well. You don't have to say which Sub-GB you're interested at the start. Getting the numbers is the most important thing for the moment.

• Like 1