Karo 1/72 FW-58 Weihe

charlie_c67

This may be a bit of a long shot, but does anyone have a copy of the instructions for the above model! Purchased one on fleabay from a seller in Germany, but seem to have missed the bit where it said no instructions :shrug:

If anyone can help I'd be very grateful!

MPM didn't produce it or indeed the Fw 187 for themselves (under their Special Hobby brand) until much later.  They did a lot of the tooling and production for quite a few small German companies in the late 1980s/early 90s.  Airmodel (the Frank-Modelbau brand), Karo-As and WK Aeromodel being three that I know of.

Graham, the Kara-As Falke was a nice kit for it's time but well and truly eclipsed by the mid '00s SH kit.  The older boxing still turns up from time to time and, with care, some excellent results can be got from it.

Edited by The wooksta V2.0
Office for Additional Information diktat

Yes, MPM supplied the WK Models He 70, Bü 181 and Mi-1, and possibly one more. There was also an announcement around 1990/91 or so that Minicraft would introduce a new line called CheckMaster (their spelling, IIRC) including inter alia the Curtiss Ascender. Don't think that came to fruition. Usk also got its plastic from there. Not quite sure if my mind makes this up, but there may have been a Ju 87A released in Flugzeug boxing, which likely would have been MPM, too. For Karo As, see also here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Wooksta! said:

Flugzueg did a Heinkel He 60 floatplane, which I suspect was MPM tooling

He 60 by MPM (Azur) is completly different than Flugzeuge IMHO :)

Cheers

J-W

You're thinking of the more modern kit, but Flugzueg definitely released an He 60 in the early/mid 1990s - a mate had it in his shop on the shelf for a number of years.  I remember going through the box contemplating it and the plastic was white, the moulding was reminiscent of the early pre-MPM.

On 17/01/2017 at 14:05, The Wooksta! said:

I've got that kit somewhere in the loft at me Mam's.  Typical early MPM production for one of the small German 'garage' companies.  Also have their Fw 187 'Falke' too.

So the original MPM one was a re-pop of the older Karo model then?

I don't think that there was an "original" MPM release - MPM did the tooling for Karo As.  If it was ever released under the MPM label I missed it.  I did pick a FW 58  up some time later under one of the MPM labels, but this was a new tooling in conventional square frames.  However, the part breakdown and appearance was remarkably similar.  I suspect that the instruction sheet would have done too... but I didn't try it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Graham Boak said:

I don't think that there was an "original" MPM release - MPM did the tooling for Karo As.  If it was ever released under the MPM label I missed it.  I did pick a FW 58  up some time later under one of the MPM labels, but this was a new tooling in conventional square frames.  However, the part breakdown and appearance was remarkably similar.  I suspect that the instruction sheet would have done too... but I didn't try it.

Special Hobby did an Fw-187A in 1/72, kit number 7256; I have one, and it is very nice- not in any way a  Karo-As tooling.