matchbox Boeing P12e 1/72

Matchbox 1/72 Boeing P12e

first one finished this year.

the 1974 boxing so nearly as old as me. detailed the cockpit and added some PE seatbelts.

for the age of the kit it went together really well.  painted with with vallejo and mr hobby.

the kit decals were very old, faded and useless. used the starfighter decals sheet, which were not the easiest to use, 

but went on ok, but needed loads of set and sol.

rigged with EZ line.

turned out ok.

4_zpsz0fhttmg.jpg

3_zpsdgckd2bq.jpg

2_zps7j0iegvv.jpg

1_zpscculonfu.jpg

• Like 43

7 minutes ago, Britman said:

Very nice indeed!  Being a biplane it will be one of Matchboxes better offering ' s. 

I love the matchbox biplanes. Got a siskin and fury in the stash and I need another p12e as the options on the starlight error sheet are very colourful.

• Like 1

Excellent build, absolutely spot on, and indeed Matchbox biplanes were so delicate compared to their single wings offerings.

The good thing about this P-12, is that it can be changed into an F4B-3 without too much hassle, and still be really colorful!

Great show

JR

Turned out much more than ok! That's a great looking little Boeing.  Matchbox really did some interesting and unusual subjects back in the day.  I wonder what happened to the moulds for this one. 

What can I add that the others have said? Best 1/72 P-12 build I have seen! Sure wish Matchbox had continued releasing biplane kits, as they were the best models they produced and are still the class of the field in 'our' scale!  Bet the decaling on this little puppy was fun!

Mike

Excellent. Just goes to show these models stand up well today- especially when built and rigged as well as this one.

I suspect someone was having a laugh when they were ordered to paint the aircraft overall olive drab... 'yes, we'll do it camouflage green but how about a small amount of yellow trim on the wings, and the empennage, and the forward fuselage, and the wheel covers, and the engine cowling, oh and a 2ft squadron crest, and of course we need some flight recognition stripes too..."