Sith Interceptor

Hi guys

Thanks to Mike's amazing Infiltrator build up recently, I went out ant bought the Revell Easy kit and also a Bandai TIE Interceptor kit. Taking the things I liked from both ships to make my own alternative Star Wars ship - in this case the obvious name for it being the Sith Interceptor.

I went with metallics for a color choice because I think they look good. It was Alclad, Tamiya and Gunze as thew choice of paint.

Some scratch building on the wings, gun barrels and mechanics went on as well - nothing too fancy

IMG_4293_zpsswbedfke.jpg

IMG_4295_zps3oll1uot.jpg

IMG_4300_zpslrqqdaw8.jpg

IMG_4302_zps3c5dr4bj.jpg

I even made a clear cast of the engines in case I was going to light it:

IMG_4303_zps773vwmgm.jpg

And  here it is:

IMG_4362_zpsg3oirsiv.jpg

IMG_4356_zpsbcbh6kxg.jpg

IMG_4352_zpsw8ubdl4l.jpg

IMG_4339_zpsseaxzaqc.jpg

IMG_4342_zps9knzjtro.jpg

IMG_4349_zps5try9ket.jpg

IMG_4344_zpshfztsgrf.jpg

IMG_4361_zps7qwckqep.jpg

0d6d5892-16c1-4333-b0ab-a7718c91d71d_zps

d072d734-9ca0-428b-b5a8-4e55e26e6570_zps

IMG_4312_zpsgnkgpfmz.jpg

That's enough pictures I think but as always, thanks for looking

Si

• Like 23

Sorry about costing you all that money :blush:  It turned out well, as expected - when I held up the Interceptor wing sprue for you to see if it would fit, I had an inkling it'd work, but I didn't expect you to be so quick on the draw! :clap2:

• Like 2

Thanks guys

The kits were waiting for me when I got home from holidays (and the following day the Zvezda SD turned up!) and as the wife and child were away for 2 more weeks, I had plenty of free time :)

I think it was money well spent. It looks better in the plastic than in the pictures but isn't that always the way?

Anyways, thanks for the positive comments guys :)

• Like 2

That's great, looks really mean. Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I assumed it was Mike's thread.

The metal stuff is very well done, I wonder if a black/metallic TIE would work or if all the Star Wars fans in the world would cry out at once.

Will

• Like 1

thanks guys

All is forgiven Will - I don't expect you to comment on everything :) I did wonder if it would peeve off a few hard core SW fans - so I tested the waters (so to speak) by posting it over on SSM. Not surprisingly, it didn't seem to well received there  :D

• Like 1

Then they are fools because if they really knew SW designs they'd be aware that the very first TIE designs such as the Inquisitor TIE from Rebels had the same wing/radiator assembly as this Infiltrator had in episode 1, so if the TIE series evolved to full radiator panels and then Interceptor style curved wings then there is no reason the Infiltrator design can't show the same evolution. All you have done here is recreate the TIE series evolution on a larger ship, and as both craft lines are made by the same corporation, SIenar Systems, makes sense they would share design traits and components.

Here's the early TIE-

swx40_preview3.jpg

Exactly the same wings as the original Infiltrator, they even fold to land. So if they ever modernised this craft in the same way they modified the TIE's it would almost certainly look like yours. Well, if nothing else its a pretty good argument :D

• Like 3