NOT A SITE PROBLEM but....

arni

It affects me very badly!.......

Dont know how to pose this........I have disability problems due to a stroke,my dexterity is shot to bits - which is why either I dont reply or give a short reply (this is taking me an age to compose..)
But my BIG bugbear is ...when using the keyboard with my left hand it goes (cross programmes?) and does s Dave (2001 a space oddesey ) on my right when I use my righthand it is fine...

The problem is that that the stroke affects my right side and I am right handed so it is my 'natural' side to oprete with..
So can anyone explaine why the damm keyboard makes a diff 'atween my left and right side?

1 hour ago, Black Knight said:

I find I keep my left wrist lower than my right and this sometimes happens.

Me too...

@arni Depending on the layout of your keyboard you may also be accidently touching the ‘windows’ key. If I use my Missus’s laptop it seems to have a mind of its own, and I end up with programs opening up of their own free will!

Mart

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Nigel - I've read that a few times now, and I'm struggling to identify exactly what the nature of the problem is.  Sorry - it could be me, as my reading comprehension drops off markedly when I'm tired like I am now.  If you could explain again I'll see whether it's something I can help you with ;)

BTW - have you considered using voice dictation with the computer to help you speed up?  I used it some year back when I had my carpal tunnels done and I had one hand then the other in big bandages for a couple of weeks.  It wasn't superb back then, but I think they've now got the computing horsepower available to make it work.  Google is pretty good at understanding my Cestrian accent, despite the Boy's yodelling in the background :)

23 hours ago, Mike said:

Hi Nigel - I've read that a few times now, and I'm struggling to identify exactly what the nature of the problem is.  Sorry - it could be me, as my reading comprehension drops off markedly when I'm tired like I am now.  If you could explain again I'll see whether it's something I can help you with ;)

BTW - have you considered using voice dictation with the computer to help you speed up?  I used it some year back when I had my carpal tunnels done and I had one hand then the other in big bandages for a couple of weeks.  It wasn't superb back then, but I think they've now got the computing horsepower available to make it work.  Google is pretty good at understanding my Cestrian accent, despite the Boy's yodelling in the background :)

Thhanks Mike,well the speech hingis a chococolte teapot for one - my sprach is lso screwed up due to the strokes..............Normally I pre compose info for boards but you can see from this tha my comms are pretty bad AND DAMMED  FRUSTRATING!!!

That's a bummer Nigel, sorry to hear it :( Not really sure what else to suggest really... unless you fancy posting up a video of your troubles so that we can get a better handle on it? :hmmm:

9 minutes ago, Mike said:

That's a bummer Nigel, sorry to hear it :( Not really sure what else to suggest really... unless you fancy posting up a video of your troubles so that we can get a better handle on it? :hmmm:

OK here isa video tat I made a few.

compared to mone made a few months ago..

• Like 1

Loved that first video "quite frankly I can't be ****ed".  I don't know what you're worried about your speech for - you sound like a regular sort of bloke.  Quietly spoken, but totally understandable :)

I did mean a video of you having trouble with the keyboard though ;)

Don't fret Nigel - if you want some help, just drop me a PM and we'll talk about it in private.  I'd like to be able to help you, but need a bit more info. :)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mike said:

Don't fret Nigel - if you want some help, just drop me a PM and we'll talk about it in private.  I'd like to be able to help you, but need a bit more info. :)

ok.

• Like 1