Thinking Russian, MiG-31 Firefox WIP.

I have been working on this on and off since the New Year, it is the 1/48 Anigrand MiG-31 Firefox, Not the first resin Anigrand kit i have made and they have always impressed with the quality of fit and the Firefox is no exception. 
This is actually a model for me and not a commission so keeping to my New Years Resolution. 

Very little if any flash, parts already for assembly. 
[linked image]
cockpit and intake internals painted and the fueslage assembled. 
[linked image]
[linked image]
The only real issue i has was the odd air pocket, not many but most resolved easily enough, this one not so much, i ended up drilling it out and inserting a piece of sprue, a little sanding and all good. 
[linked image]
Another minor mode was the Oleo Scissors, they has been cast with one half of the leg mounting to the surface of the damper shaft as per the image below. Even though this is sci fi it would not be quite right so I just cut the oleo off and moved it up a bit. 
[linked image]
Fuselage assembled and nearly ready for paint, just got to glue the wings on. 
[linked image]
[linked image]
The join of the wing was very good but i just needed a drop of CA on the leading edge, once dried it can be sanded back leaving a seamless leading edge. 
[linked image]
Next up a coat of Tamiya Tyre black sealed with Tamiya Semi Gloss Lacquer, when you look at the bird in the film it is quite glossy. 
[linked image]

Next up will be some panel tone variation and the painting of the gear bays, there are also some specific painting details for the nose, leading wing edges and tails. Hopefully should get a lot done this weekend and be done at some point next week. 

Thanks for looking.

Danny

"In Wildness Is the Preservation of the World"
Carpe Diem Baby bouncy.gif

"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast"
Ace Rimmer, what a guy.

http://www.modelmasteruk.com

Edited by danimalmagic
  • Like 10

17 hours ago, Deadman Disciple said:

Ive been waiting for a Firefox WIP for a long time.

Great progress so far, will be watching this.

Wayne

8 hours ago, k5054nz said:

Yes! I fell in love with this when I first saw the movie aged 12 or so. You're doing her justice in real style!

Thanks guys, a really well thought out kit, usual Anigrand heavy panel lines but its sci fi so I wont get to lost with that, landing gear looks a bit weak but we will see.

Thanks for looking.

Danny

www.modelmasteruk.com

Edited by danimalmagic
  • Like 1