Members/friends

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Hi there, I am not sure if I am  posting in the correct place and also having just become a member  to  I would like to pass on some information concerning Squadron Leader Mercer and his sad demise in a Vampire jet nearly 70 years ago. also would like to send a message to Deanflyer and also contact  the Squadron Leaders Granddaughter.

Thank you.  John Daly

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, john daly said:

Hi there, I am not sure if I am  posting in the correct place and also having just become a member  to  I would like to pass on some information concerning Squadron Leader Mercer and his sad demise in a Vampire jet nearly 70 years ago. also would like to send a message to Deanflyer and also contact  the Squadron Leaders Granddaughter.

Thank you.  John Daly

@Deanflyer

Not quite the proper spot, John, but I've tagged Dean in this response, so hopefully he should see it, and I imagine the moderation team will move this to the proper spot in the fullness of time.

• Like 1

Hi John and :welcome: aboard.  As Julien alluded, the Friend system was "updated" to be more social-media-like and became Followers in a recent update.  I'm not sure what that's done to Friends you once had, because TBH I never really look at my profile :shrug: You can find any member you know the name of by performing a search, but before you do, choose the "Member" radio button in the drop-down that comes up when you select the search bar before hitting the little magnifying glass to commence the search.  The Search system is a difficult one to master, and ignores input less than 4 characters to cut down on results, has an issue with the "-" character, and it also isn't configured initially to search where you are, defaulting to searching the whole site :rolleyes:

Someone's already stepped in to give you a bit more info though, so I'll leave you to it :yes: