Vietnam...1/48 F-100D Super Sabre

Reini78

some more playing with the engine area, fiberglass fin tip painted light grey, now making the black leading adge of the tip and some minor engine area work with the blue tone, then paintwork should be done and on to the decals

DSC_0005_zpsyxqglp1i.jpg

• Like 5

red stripe work, the Superscale decals didn´t fit because they are intended for the Monogram kit, Trumpeter decals didn´t work out either so my dad decided to paint them, therefore alos somerepainting in the engine area neccessary

DSC_0002_zpslu48iz0m.jpg

DSC_0003_zpsdn2vragm.jpg

DSC_0004_zpspqmv9eko.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, busnproplinerfan said:

good recovery, I see the red, blues are a bit mottled, is that intensional?

yes, because the forward area will be slightly oversprayed again with aluminium

• Like 1

This plane looks the business, for sure. Only just found the thread and it was great to read through a good clean build, out of the box, no fuss!

I did an old revel-esci kit (Thunderbird) with raised panel lines. Had to cut my own leading edges and flaps, but I really enjoyed it, and still like it!

I really get the sense of enjoyment from your build too.

Look forward to following it to the finish.👍

For me as well as comfortable to use copper wire or nylon thread for landing gears hydraulic lines too, especially for any loop assembly. Some people make it with warmed till to thread stretched frame (from box) plastic.

Edited by Ozzyman69

That tail burning is very effective. Well done. I'm also impressed by the red striping which is so much better than a decal. 

Good to see a father and son team at work here. 

• Like 1

At least that is satis. The hydraulic line of main landing gear made of flexible rubber hose. It provides to move the hyd line freely during external and internal cylinder operation and between each other. The torsion link (two halves: upper & lower) have to change dimension between axle and gland nut..and lower part of hose loop can also to change the location. I believe that this is the best form of hose loop configuration and well selected position in according to size of shock strut mirror.:clap2:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Build was on-hold until today, hopefully now proceeding straight forward to finish.

Wanted to do Pretty Penny, but besides that this latest Super Scale edition of these decals is still slightly oversized, my dad had a "wrap-up" accident with the decals, so we looked for a different scheme. 

At first looked at a Xtradecal sheet, but the dimensions weren´t right either. Finally chose another Super Scale sheet. Ordered it at Hannants but they accidentally shipped it to Australia instead of Austria. Luckily it arrived today.

Gonna try to do once again a 481st TFS bird.

DSC_0002_zpsqymrsnbr.jpg

• Like 2

both nosearts of this sheet turned out oversized again (at least for the Trumpeter kit)......

for the Moment my dad put the model on ice, we gonna wait for the coming Caracal Models "Vietnam F-100 Part 2" sheet which will include only silver schemes (Part 1 are only SEA camo ones)

• 1 year later...

After more than a year on the shelf of doom, the work continues.

Yesterday the new Caracal decals arrived, "Pretty Penny" noseart still looks way too big for the Trumpeter kit. Gonna stay with the doggie above and use partly the Squadron decals and partly the Caracal ones. Had to minimize the doggie decals  and have to shorten the "US Air Force" decals so that they fit more or less proper on the fuselage side.

Gonna paint the green tail markings, the Squadron decals differed in size...

43688473521_99e284c8bc_b.jpgDSC_0001 by Reinhard Spreitzhofer, auf Flickr

42785757125_927a9806b3_b.jpgDSC_0002 by Reinhard Spreitzhofer, auf Flickr

43688472001_7519b73573_b.jpgDSC_0003 by Reinhard Spreitzhofer, auf Flickr

• Like 3