BUGATTI T46 "Surprofilée" 1:8

yes Prime miniatures is great.

On the Mef engine, i used a few hundreds of nuts and bolts from prime Miniature to detail the engine.

I am discovering knupfer you just mentioned and will soon place and order of "hollow rivets 0.6 and 0.8 mm ! " for the Mef chassis.

dear "Gepeto", you know what they say... Pinoccio is supposed to be Christ, and Gepeto his father / creator, so it is a Divine compliment for your truly divine work. 

Before painting, a bit of surgery... For the canvas roof.
It's not a sunroof! Just a trick of coachbuilders at that time... The hydraulic presses were not powerful enough. 

dsc_0037.jpg

dsc_0038.jpg

On the milling machine, every time...

dsc_0036.jpg

The real thing:

captur10.jpg

Leather pieces, for the doors, inside:

dsc_0040.jpg

Molded leather...

dsc_0039.jpg

Dan.

• Like 3

Boldly going where no man has gone before! Lots of surgeries on this body; very nice work!

I know that on my 1931 Ford Model A it had an opening as well. Running across the width of the body's roof opening it had metal "U" channels that wood was inside and around the perimeter as well. This allowed for something to tack the wood panel onto an then a heavy cloth was stretched over majority of the roof. Are you planning on adding any type of cross pieces or did the Bugatti have those?

• 3 weeks later...

Still alive!

It's coming:

dsc_0042.jpg

dsc_0041.jpg

dsc_0044.jpg

dsc_0045.jpg

Many retouches are needed, mainly related to the thickness of paint.
One of my big faults, that I can not overcome, everything is too fair ... In the sense
of course I never leave enough gap to mobile elements!
See the amount of the door:

dsc_0043.jpg

Dan.

• Like 7

An overwhelming great work , dear Dan ! The only point of critizism in my opinion is the bright ivory color . If we look at the original , it´s a more creamy  , warmer and yellowish color . Because this aspect is an very important one , I dare to tell you my point of view .Many greetings !  Hannes

Yes sublime is the word. 

as for the light colour, it does looks a bit creamy on my screen. May be also a question of light ?

Can t wait to see it with the fenders installed.

Bravo

Dan, an overwhelming achievement. This is nothing new for you but congratulations - it's spectacular. The 1:1 shown is too perfect in every aspect also. It must be priceless.

You will enjoy seeing your model every day.