Host´s Choice!

Me and Jon a.k.a. thepureness are not sure if this has ever been done before, but we are the GB hosts and if all modellers are allowed to use some modellers´license, there must be a special GB hosts´ license too and we´re using that now :king:.

We discussed all the excellent builds there are in the MTO GB and both noticed that one of them simply stood out from the rest. We came up with an idea of awarding that excellent build with "our choice" title, but come out with it only after Jadlam Racing Models, our generous GB sponsor had made its picks without any risk of our opinion affecting theirs. So, here it is:

The MTO Group Build 2016

GB Host´s Choice

Honourable mention for skillful multigenre (aircraft, armour, scenery and figures) design and build

To

"Kampfgruppe Tunisien" By PlaStix

:yahoo:Congratulations:yahoo:

Jon and V-P

Unfortunately @PlaStix the text you see above is all we can give you for prize :blush:. Fortunately great minds think alike and Russ of Jadlam Racing Models has also picked your build as one of the three winning entries in this Group Build!

Best regards on behalf of both MTO GB hosts, V-P

• Like 6

Hi Jon and V-P.

Guys......what can I say? :blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:

Thank you very much indeed. When I saw your post above yesterday morning I was really touched - it really does mean a lot to me.

Even before the end of this wonderful GB, this had been one of my most thoroughly enjoyable modelling experiences so far. I love building models anyway but when it's in the company of other modellers building to a theme it becomes even more special. I was very lucky to have fantastic support and advice throughout this GB with result that my project, which wasn't originally as extensive as it turned out, developed into what it did. I was lucky that each kit was a joy to build and everything pulled together in time - I was especially concerned that the motor in the Fw190 might stop working once I sealed it in! It didn't!!

On a personal note, some of you may know, the end of last year was quite difficult. My mum died on 9th November after being poorly for a while. She was a great supporter of me and my model making from when I was a child and right through until she was in hospital before her death. I always tried to make sure I had some photos of my current models to show her when I visited her and she always loved seeing them - I know she would have been proud of this project. Taking part in this GB and doing this project actually helped me through this sad period - it allowed me some relaxation from the stressful time but I also know it was something my mum would have been happy and pleased I was doing.

Thank you Jon and V-P.

Kind regards,

Stix

Edited by PlaStix
  • Like 6