1/72 - Dassault Mirage IV by A&A Models - IVA & P released

Homebee

On 1/13/2017 at 10:36 AM, Mountain goat said:

From the pictures it looks an awful lot like an engraved version of the Heller kit, especially the nose section. 

Jay

When I saw the pics I thought the exact same thing! I've built the Heller kit too many times and it does look noticably similar in places, not just like 1/72 kits of the same subject should do, but rather lots of the tooling particulars such as the airbrakes, nuke, rudder fairing etc..not to mention it even looks like the sanded plastic still present in the rescribed panel lines!

I could be completely wrong of corse, often I am, but I'm 99% certain that is a based on Heller kit. Apologies if I am wrong.

edit..Note hopefully I'm way off on this! 

Edited by mirageiv
  • Like 1

Thanks for the link ICMF

http://www.greenmats.club/topic/2357-mirage-iv/?page=2

Alexander Pawlygin from Foxbot Decals seems to be the guy preparing the schemes and the decals for this future kit.
Foxbot Decals Facebook:

Mirage-IV_AT-silver_03a.jpg Mirage-IV_AT-silver_03b.jpg Mirage-IV_AT-silver_03c.jpg

Mirage-IV_BP_03a.jpg Mirage-IV_BP_03b.jpgMirage-IV_BP_03c.jpg
Mirage-IV_AT-silver_04.jpg Mirage-IV_AH_04.jpg Mirage-IV_BP_04.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 3

The IVR/IVP mistake thing could well be because of the confusion between cyrillic and western alphabets. P in cyrillic is an R in English IIRC.

Paul Harrison

2 hours ago, mirageiv said:

I could be completely wrong of corse, often I am, but I'm 99% certain that is a based on Heller kit. Apologies if I am wrong.

It'slikely yes. Eastern producers have reverse-engineered a number of kits. Art Model did also (MiG-23UB which derives from the RVA MiG-23MF).

I've seen some built Heller kits and it seems to me there may be a something in the relative height of the nose and windscreen: windscreen height too small relative to the nose height. If the same is visible on the incoming kit well...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Homebee said:

IVR designation doesn't exist.

IVP is the recce variant, P for Photo.

Sorry, but no.

Mirage IVA was the initial operation variant.

In 1971, 12 airframes were converted to the IVR strategic reconnaissance version, which added the ability to carry the CT-52 pod.

In 1979, plans were launched to upgrade 15 airframes to Mirage IVN (Nucléaire) standard.

That upgrade program evolved into Mirage IVP (Pénétration); with 18 airframes being upgraded.

IVP is the cruise missile variant, not the recce one.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Laurent said:

Eastern producers have reverse-engineered a number of kits. Art Model did also (MiG-23UB which derives from the RVA MiG-23MF).

I had always thought that was a collaboration!

3 hours ago, ICMF said:

Sorry, but no.

Mirage IVA was the initial operation variant.

In 1971, 12 airframes were converted to the IVR strategic reconnaissance version, which added the ability to carry the CT-52 pod.

In 1979, plans were launched to upgrade 15 airframes to Mirage IVN (Nucléaire) standard.

That upgrade program evolved into Mirage IVP (Pénétration); with 18 airframes being upgraded.

IVP is the cruise missile variant, not the recce one.

Sorry but no.

it was not a conversion, the modifications was made straight on the production line for the last 12 airframes, to give them the ability to take CT52. 

But this doesn't came with a designation change, they were still IVA. If you take the pod off of the aircraft, you still had a nuclear bomber, all the recce assets were in the pod. An F-14A equiped with TARPS pod is still an F-14A (ok, with TARPS written above the BuNo).

Besides, all the fleet was given the CT52 capacity latter.

Edited by Antoine
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Laurent said:

It'slikely yes. Eastern producers have reverse-engineered a number of kits. Art Model did also (MiG-23UB which derives from the RVA MiG-23MF).

I've seen some built Heller kits and it seems to me there may be a something in the relative height of the nose and windscreen: windscreen height too small relative to the nose height. If the same is visible on the incoming kit well...

Do you happen to know if anyone has ever found a solution for that windscreen (as the nose can be sanded down)? - I have still to build those Hellers :) . 

Jay

1 hour ago, Mountain goat said:

Do you happen to know if anyone has ever found a solution for that windscreen (as the nose can be sanded down)? - I have still to build those Hellers :) .

No and I'm not sure there's a complete solution as the whole geometry of the windscreen and canopy profile is different.

• Like 1

Even if it is largely a re-worked Heller kit (and frankly I question from that the limited info), if it has engraved panel lines I will be overjoyed,  as I hate detest scribing with enormous passion.  So still :frantic:   :yahoo::frantic:

I'll leave you lot to whinge as much you like about inaccurate windscreens and shapes and this and that!  :P

Darren

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 14.01.2017 at 10:59 PM, Homebee said:

Alexander Pawlygin from Foxbot Decals seems to be the guy preparing the schemes and the decals for this future kit.

Yes, It's my work. ;)

Third option:

Mirage_IV_AH_03a.jpg Mirage_IV_AH_03b.jpg Mirage_IV_AH_03c.jpg

Mirage IVP kit will be later.

Edited by foxbot
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Test build from the future Mirage IVA (thanks foxbot!) kit.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/groups/743509305708614/permalink/1353565128036359/

On the Modelsvit Facebook, a company representative has reaffirmed me they're definitely not behind this Mirage IV project... Despite the fact it was displayed alongside the Modelsvit and A&A Models kits this weekend at the Brovary model exhibition 2017 in Ukraine. The mystery deepens.

MIV.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

• 7 months later...

Hello britmodellers,

i am glad to be here with you.

it looks really as somebody has worked on the old Heller kit. Beside the panel lines, the kit is totally wrong and it should in no way be used as a basis for a new kit.

I know, because i  worked hard 200 hrs to get a nice model out of that.

It was featured in ModellFan magazine 2011/01 and you can find it on scalemates

https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mate.php?id=34480&p=albums&album=36537

(i am working on uploading pictures)

cheers

Edited by replicant
error

...and if there is a manufacturer about to make one, please dont rely on drawings...

the radar never was a round circle and the four grand had really a nice belly, and, and ...

Dassault-MirageIVP.gif

• Like 3

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...