Sorry, They're Late

Both look stunning Cookie :).

These low back Spitfires look extremely sporty, to me the low back design brings visual emphasis to the beautiful gull wing.

Your weathering looks really good. I may have to take the plunge wth weathering soon, notes taken :thumbsup2: 

All best regards

TonyT

• Like 1

20 hours ago, rob85 said:

More stunning work cookie, looks amazing 

21 hours ago, Beard said:

That looks really good Cookie.

Thanks Simon and Rob, I'm enjoying your own Spitfire builds (factories) immensely.

18 hours ago, CedB said:

Very nice Cookie, very nice indeed :) 

11 hours ago, Stew Dapple said:

Top job Cookie, you've turned out another beauty B)

Thanks Ced and Stew - they're no twin DeHavillands, but they'll do.

16 hours ago, TonyTiger66 said:

Your weathering looks really good. I may have to take the plunge wth weathering soon, notes taken :thumbsup2: 

15 hours ago, Jaffajake said:

Those faded colours look very professional. That's a stunning spit!

1 hour ago, SleeperService said:

Maybe an echo chamber but colour me impressed. They've turned out beautifully. Like Tony tiger I'm new to weathering so am learning a lot from you. Thanks!!

Thanks guys, I really encourage everyone to give weathering a try, especially with products that can be removed with water and re-done as many times as you wish. One day, I may try specialized hobby weathering products like the big boys and girls, but I'm pretty happy with the cheap craft store stuff for now.

• Like 5

21 hours ago, TheBaron said:

A+ on the AZ Cookie; the faded colours and textures in this shot are dead lush:

Thanks Tony, it means a lot coming from the builder of a perfectly weathered (never mind the exposed engine and working wing fold) Barracuda.

• Like 1

Just a little bit of evidence that this thread is continuing with three more late Spitfires:

1. War time 91 Sqn Mk 21 made from a spare Sword high back fuselage and wings from the Airfix 22.

2. Airfix Mk 22 - I haven't decided on an individual aeroplane yet, but I'm going to attempt very clean DFS scheme.

3. 80 Sqn Mk 24 from the Airfix Mk 22 kit - I think it will be silver.

IMG_4325_zps1a4oiasg.jpg

The noses of some of the Airfix fuselages look a little worse for wear - here's the biggest offender. A little scraping and sanding and it was good as new.

IMG_4324_zps6sgrfnjt.jpg

All I've done so far is paint the cockpits with Colourcoats Interior green. I have to say that it continues to impress, and it was behaving so well, that I even practiced a little free hand camouflage a scrap plastic lid. Baby steps.

IMG_4328_zpsxds8g63c.jpg

• Like 8

Looking forward to the next trio Cookie, particularly the 21. Between you & me, I'm rather taken up by Mustngs at the moment, but hope to do a Griffon Spitfire soon so I'm following your builds with interest.

Justin

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bedders said:

Looking forward to the next trio Cookie, particularly the 21. Between you & me, I'm rather taken up by Mustngs at the moment, but hope to do a Griffon Spitfire soon so I'm following your builds with interest.

As long as we're confessing, I've got a stack of Mustangs waiting in the stash. Your Hong Kong Mk 24 is very much the inspiration for my attempt.

19 minutes ago, Procopius said:

I'll be honest, these three are the ones I'm most excited about, until the next ones you do.

I could say the same about your current four!

I've been meaning to PM in order to pick your brain about my next, next trio: using the Eduard kit to make other marks. I'm thinking of Johnny Checkett's Mk V using the spare nose from a Sword Seafire (mine only came with a spare Mk V fuselage, but not wings), a Mk XIV using the nose from the unused Mk 22 fuselage from this build (Mk 21) and an Eduard Mk VIII overtree, and finally, an 'early early' F.IX, with the humps on the cowling using the Matusiak 'Five to Nine' article you sent me.

13 minutes ago, rob85 said:

Great to see you starting the next three cookie! Good luck

Thanks Rob, I'm trying to keep up with you!

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Cookenbacher said:

I could say the same about your current four!

I've been meaning to PM in order to pick your brain about my next, next trio: using the Eduard kit to make other marks. I'm thinking of Johnny Checkett's Mk V using the spare nose from a Sword Seafire (mine only came with a spare Mk V fuselage, but not wings), a Mk XIV using the nose from the unused Mk 22 fuselage from this build (Mk 21) and an Eduard Mk VIII overtree, and finally, an 'early early' F.IX, with the humps on the cowling using the Matusiak 'Five to Nine' article you sent me.

Dr Frankenstein! 

• Like 1

Good stuff - another 3! Looking forward to these too Cookie.

That free-hand camo looks very good - should save a lot of time :) 

• Like 1

I haven't been up to date with this thread but I just wanted to say that your Spitfires look fantastic. It's nice to see someone exploring the later marks for a change too.

Regards,

Adrian

Edited by AdrianMF
Grammar and spelling (thanks for nothing, iDevice...)
  • Like 1