"I wonder where TK421 went?" Says the quizzical Stormtrooper

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/01/2017 at 8:28 AM, VMA131Marine said:

In the movies, did all that body armour ever do any good? Stormtroopers always seemed to go down with one hit no matter where it was.

An excellent question...I have often pondered this myself along with other obvious thoughts such as how well can they see out of all that gear? I always just assumed that each one we saw 'go down' had died, but might be that In some (or many) cases an otherwise fatal wound has been reduced to a severe but treatable injury by the presence of armour.  We rarely see the aftermath of battle in StarWars, so it might be that many of these soldiers, are recovered, given medical attention and returned to service.  This logic might apply especially to clones each of which are genetically and medically identical- for all I know the empire might have huge reserves of spare clone parts and organs specifically reserved for the repair of injured stormtroopers. If this is the case the armour is well justified.  🤔

Whaddayreckon?

• Like 1

It was a film made using actors and stuntmen... pyrotechnics were used to simulate blast damage, the guys in the suits were fine, and they added in the blaster pulses later :wicked::tomato: 

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

Just a rumour that I heard about the historical documents known collectively as "Star Wars" being an elaborate hoax :ninja:

Millions of people died when Alderaan was destroyed.  Do you think someone would actually do that just to make a movie? 

3 minutes ago, Reconcilor said:

Millions of people died when Alderaan was destroyed.  Do you think someone would actually do that just to make a movie? 

But I've seen Jimmy Smitts in other things since :hmmm:  The mystery deepens :ninja:

We're being rude - nice job on the Stormtrooper, OP... are you sure he's not saying "Sshhhhh!" though? :wicked:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike said:

We're being rude - nice job on the Stormtrooper, OP... are you sure he's not saying "Sshhhhh!" though? :wicked:

6a7b558baf99415a82e6a737517beab9.jpg

I thought it was just me. To me it looks like he's giving us the classic "I'm naughty " look.  Which quite frankly,  makes me uncomfortable.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Mike said:

It was a film made using actors and stuntmen... pyrotechnics were used to simulate blast damage, the guys in the suits were fine, and they added in the blaster pulses later :wicked::tomato: 

It was a documentary!

• Like 1