Gorilla Glue

Folkbox1

Use whatever works for you. Why not?

I know some modellers use it and I got me a bottle to try it out. Worked very well on large tin models and with ABS parts so far. Problem is you have to fix the parts in one way or another as the volume increases remarkably when it hardens.

I had some. It works fine but I found that it throws a very heavy vapour which will fog anything in the vicinity including localised parts of your model and your sinuses if breathed in.  I used some to repair a furniture leg on our sideboard and the vapour wrecked a small local area of our very new and expensive Karndean flooring. Beware.

Which Gorilla glue are you talking about as they do quite a few, if it's their Super glue with the blue top I've found that it glues stuff together quite well and has a little more give once set if you catch the part you have glued, if it sticks out like so many parts we use super glue for.

The down side is it's quite thick and stringy in use

Not used that for modeling only for repairing the conservatory when splicing in some wood after cutting out the rotten stuff, was brilliant on that.

Not sure if it would work for fine stuff like super glue as it foams and expands as it dries.

Thanks for your replies.

I was thinking mainly of using on resin kits but hadn't thought of possible fogging problems.  I knew the glue expanded already but will practice a bit to see how little glue is needed which hopefully will greatly limit any problems