Bent/Twisted tail

Filler

I'm building an F-16 in the current STGB and I fixed on the tail on Monday evening. Last night while looking at it I have noticed that the tail is bent/twisted ever so slightly. It's quite subtle and the missus while she agreed that it isn't right said it's not really worth worrying about and there's nothing you can do (and returned to reading a book).

But is there nothing I can do? I'm wondering whether a dip in some very warm water and a bit of manhandling followed immediately by a dip in some icy water might help? Or is that just crazy talk?

Edited by Filler

Crazy talk, depending on the type of glue used. 

If you used a glue designed for plastics, it essentially melts the styrene and causes the two surfaces to bond as a single piece. You can take a sharp scalpel and score it a few times, being patient, and possibly snap the tail off. You risk breaking the fuselage where it's attached. I've done this in the past with horizontal tailplanes, but never a vertical one. 

If you used a superglue, you can use a debonder. It will debond any paint as well and they are usually very thin and get everywhere. 

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. If you can't live with it give it a try. 

I guess it's best just to live with it. Just to be a bit clearer though, it's not the tail to fuselage join that is wrong, that's sat quite nicely. It's the tail itself, which is formed of two parts. It's the actual tail that seems to have a slight twist in it. It is quite strong because it's formed of two pieces that have been glued together.

I'll probably just leave it as it's not too bad and if I start trying to heat and straighten it I'm sure I'll end up with an obvious mess.