Notification sound on iMac

Hi,

Does anyone have any issues with the notification sound on their iMac? Mine is like something being electrocuted and makes me jump nearly overtime!!

Speakers are OK with everything else so I can't work out what's going on :(

P.S. Only been happening since site upgrade.

8 hours ago, spfparker said:

What notification sound is causing the issue? Mine seems fine...

I'm only aware on of one notification sound! Turned off for now until someone is able to shed some light ;) 

It's annoying in the extreme, so just turn it off and be done with it.  Maybe it's a corrupted file on the Mac? :shrug:  Works ok on my PC (before I scream and turn it off), so maybe as Kallisti suggested you should throw away all your investment in your posh Macs and buy a PC.  PCs just work :wicked:  Actually, I've just finished reinstalling my PC after a hardware crash (parts under warranty, so it's just my time that's been wasted), so that's incredibly hypocritical :blush:

• Like 2

I tried throwing the Mac away as Kalisti suggested but my 2011 PC seems to not want to boot up Windows 10, I checked Microsoft's help and it said to buy a new computer so I'll stick with my 2011 Mac that still runs perfectly well on the latest OS (and has never crashed, burned or demanded more processor power every time a new Operating system gets released). 

There is one piece of software that doesn't run as smoothly as the rest on the Mac though, it's called Office and is made by a Company called Microsoft :tease:

Duncan (my Cat's) B (lacker than your cat) 

Office is a pile of overpriced whatsits which his why I use LibreOffice on Windows 7 instead :) 

Don't get me started on Windows 10...

Edited by Kallisti

4 hours ago, wimbledon99 said:

I would describe it as :rant: and then I get like :dinosaur:

I get a sort of muffled 'ding' - which is not unpleasant.

For what its worth - I converted to a Mac  just over a year ago after messing about with pc's for years. It's not perfect, they are expensive and it did take some time to get my head around it, but I don't think that I would ever go back.

11 minutes ago, spfparker said:

I get a sort of muffled 'ding' - which is not unpleasant.

For what its worth - I converted to a Mac  just over a year ago after messing about with pc's for years. It's not perfect, they are expensive and it did take some time to get my head around it, but I don't think that I would ever go back.

I would settle for a muffled ding!! :lol: