Gosh darn, that's beyond lovely. Beautiful finish, but what sells it for me is the top class weathering. I'm struggling with it in 1/48 and you do it effortlessly in 1/72!

When the student is ready, the master will appear they say :) Teach me!

• Like 1

Damn fine build there sir. I do prefer the all metal nose as opposed to the kit call out part camo version. Washes and weathering bring out the details. Like the BW piccies as really brings out the monochrome effect, really saturates and deepens the NMF.

She really is something special. I have several in the stash but have been put of by the complexity.

Very much a 'benchmark' to refer to and probably the best build of this kit I have seen so far.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards

Jim

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, franky boy said:

Nice work Tony. How did you find the Mig paints to spray?

James

Quite good mate thanks. Not up to mr color lacquers but thats like comparing chalk and cheese. 

The acrylic metals were easiest, just a bit fragile untill clear coated but then so is any nmf. Had a bit of the silver base colour come off with the masking tape when I masked for the aluminium rear control surfaces. Didn't come off in large flakes was just like a fine mist of silver 'powder' on the tape. Not enough that those areas needed re-painting so not a major problem. Perhaps it was just a bit of dry/rough overspray loose-ish on the surface of the silver?

The rest of the normal colours (interior green, grey for wells, black and yellow for prop etc) were fine, but the red (spinner) was very 'gritty'. Did lots of experiments with the red after (thinning/pressures) but no change. So that needed flatting down to smooth it out before the varnishes etc. 

All were thinned with UMP airbrush thinner at between 15-25 psi depending on coverage/size of area being painted. 

Hope this helps. 

Tony. 

Edited by Tony Oliver
Pressures added
  • Like 1

Great looking Spitfire Tony.Very skillful weathering/paint/detailing could easily be mistaken for much larger scale(s)... 

I keep looking at these Eduard 1/72 Spits, I think you just convinced me.      Cheers, Dave

• Like 1