Helllp!!! (Eduard 1/72 190)

Andy Robbins

Hi,

Soul baring time.

As a modeller with a severe mental illness, it's quite rare to actually finish something without being attacked by the demons (nothing finished last year..). I had an Eduard 1/72 190A sprayed and looking good. The closest to being completed in ages.

However.... just had a disaster, and lost both tailplanes (left separate to ease masking). Feeling just a little bit fed up. 

If anyone has a spare pair that they are willing to part with, I'd be really grateful. In return, pictures will be proudly displayed in RFI

Andy

Edited by Andy Robbins

My advise is buy another one, make a resin copies of tailplanes (what is not very difficult indeed) and sell this another one back on e-bay (or do a second one Focke-Wulf in future). Copying parts in resin is really very usefull and easy - only what you need is silica and epoxy resin (slowly fixing). I am using epoxy glue which have polimerization time 24 hours.

Regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

Yeah like he said ⬆️ 

Unless some is doing a dio of a crashed one with the tail missing then I don't think you're going to come across any spare ones. 

If you really come unstuck I could perhaps cast some for you but won't be till the spring...

Yeah, I know it's a long shot. I sort of hoped somebody just might have had a disaster too. But it's a bit like the classic 

'Man with missing right leg seeks partner with missing left leg for mutually beneficial relationship' type small ad. :rolleyes:

Edited by Andy Robbins
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Andy Robbins said:

Yeah, I know it's a long shot. I sort of hoped somebody just might have had a disaster too. But it's a bit like the classic 

'Man with missing right leg seeks partner with missing left leg for mutually beneficial relationship' type small ad. :rolleyes:

I have a set of AML Resin tailplanes for an Fw190A that you can have. PM me with your address and I'll look them out for you.

Duncan B

• Like 2

Hi, Andy,

Take a look a these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AML-Models-1-72-FOCKE-WULF-Fw-190A-FLAT-TAILPLANE-Resin-Photo-Etch-Set-/381055449153?hash=item58b8acb841:g:ZsYAAOSwn51UaSts

They should fit the bill

Fernando

EDIT: Geez... someone has offered one of those! Good for you!

Edited by Fernando
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Andy Robbins said:

The set was waiting for me last night when I got home after 3 days away. Looking at how to proceed without too much cutting and repainting....

Thank you so much, Duncan. Photos will appear soon...

Andy

Glad to have been able to help. Remember to give the resin parts a wash in some soapy (but not hot) water before you paint them.

I look forward to the photos.

Duncan B

Sorry, just came across this, you could always just buy a set of Aires #7341, control surfaces for the Eduard kit... might be a better fit without any fiddling of parts:

Fw 190A control surfaces CONTROL SURFACE EDUARD - Image 1

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Wm Blecky said:

Sorry, just came across this, you could always just buy a set of Aires #7341, control surfaces for the Eduard kit... might be a better fit without any fiddling of parts:

Fw 190A control surfaces CONTROL SURFACE EDUARD - Image 1

I could also have sent him those but when I read the post carefully I saw that Andy has lost the complete tailplanes. (And that I am a pillock because that set obviously has the complete tailplanes but I didn't notice that, doh!)

Duncan B

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Ok..... here goes. It's not quite finished- some touching up required to hide Gator Glue blogs, and finish the tail wheel. I've also got to cut up some hypodermic needles to make guns, but you get the idea.

Edited by Andy Robbins

Knickers! They didn't post. If anyone can help with that, I'd be grateful. I did what the guide said, but all I got was what's above.

I removed the links to try and sort it, but now I can't get into photobucket at all. I've got to go out, and I'll try again later.

Edited by Andy Robbins

Hi Andy, seeing as you're using photobucket, I'll share what I do with it which seems to work for me. After I open the picture in PB, I left click on the Direct link to the right of the picture in PB, it should go yellow & then right click & paste into my thread reply panel after using the return key to drop down to a new line. Seems tidier that way. Pretty much job done at that point. I'm using Firefox but that also works in Chrome too. I hope this helps.

Steve.

Edited by stevehnz

Yeah, it's a bit of both- it's one of the things that need doing. I'm waiting til I've done the tail wheel then I can carefully spray the last bits. I need to do some other touching up- complicated by my over excitement in unmasking the canopy before the last moment. Gator Glue dries quite glossy too, so a little drop of matt on some of the more obvious spots is needed. 

Mental illness is a swine- it has led to pretty much every project in heaven knows how long meeting an untimely end before completion, despite my work being fairly ok. I get so far with it, and then the demons start pointing out every single fault. The 190 has taken every ounce of willpower to complete. It's a big step in recovery. That's not to say don't give feedback, mind...