Airfix Canberra PR9 1/72

Hi,

Here is the Airfix Canberra PR9 in 1/72. 

It's built OOB. I had the kit in the stash for while and built it as I was hankering after a Airfix Meteor F8 and this was the nearest thing I had to that being British and twin engined and from a similar era. 

The Airfix kit benefits from careful construction. I had to do a bit of sanding on the wing tips to get them flush with the rest of the wing. The rest of it was ok if I could use one word about the kit it would be chunky. 

It's pained in Gunze colours I added a few post shaded tones to the upper surface to make it less uniform. Same on the underside. Kit decals which went on ok but are not that crisp.. 

No real weathering as from a few looks at online references they were pretty well looked after and clean. 

Let me know what you think..

untitled-2969_zpsjnbh6bd9.jpg

untitled-2972_zps4h8qt6vv.jpg

untitled-2973_zps7tfnbvca.jpg

untitled-2975_zpszpqey1rm.jpg

untitled-2976_zpsamousrcq.jpg

Thanks

Plasto..

Edited by Plasto
  • Like 37

Nice job, I particularly like the clean finish. The Canberra , at least the "fishbowl" canopy ones are poorly represented in 1/72 scale and I am surprised that so far Airfix have not announced a new kit to replace the one from years ago with the unforgiveable nose profile errors, the mould for which I believe was hastily turned into a B-57.

Well done Plasto,   Trev.