Eduard 1/48 Pfalz Diiia

I was taking some photos of older builds while I was cleaning and dusting the display cases today.

I thought this one came out well and I'd share a build from when I could still see well enough to work in 1/48 scale.

Totally fictitious markings as I stuffed the kit ones up.  Nice little kit which was very fun to build.

Pfalz%20iiia%2003.jpg

Pfalz%20iiia%2002_1.jpg

Pfalz%20iiia%2001.jpg

Pfalz%20iiia%2004_1.jpg

I hope you like it.

Dan

Edited by ScanmanDan
  • Like 15

Very nice. I had a terminal accident with mine recently. Was the limited edition one with lots of etch loads of lozenge decals etc.. All painted and ready for decals then dropped it while handling it. The irony is I have the full set of decals left over with all the lozenge and tapework. The one thing I found strange with this kit was there was no pipework from the engine to the upper wing radiator. I'm no expert in this area though.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you all for your kind comments.  I love all the colourful markings that you can apply to WWI aircraft.  I just wish there were more in the larger scales ( 1/24 - 1/28 ) as I just cannot work in the smaller scales anymore as it is too difficult to get my fumble fingers to work that small.  Nice to see that Meng is coming out with a few kits in 1/24 and I have a Dr.1 to try out sometime soonish.

I am glad that you folks like my made up markings :)

Thanks for dropping in for a look.

Dan

This is such a lovely model to look at :)  You did a great job and the markings , even if imagined , appear like something one would have seen on these German biplanes of that era.