Tornado F.2 ZA254 - F.3 Differences?

Navy Bird

I've got this decal sheetas well. I have acquired both the italeri Tornado GR1 kit anf a Tamiya F3 kit from a recent show for about £14 in total. The Tamiya kit is the Ialeri kit reboxed. If you go to the Tornado SIG forum, someone has done a cut and shut using both Itaeri kits and it works well. They cut just in front of the speed brakes. I'll try and get a link and let you know.

Cheers,

Tom.

• Like 2

Hi, I have the Revell 1/72 Tornado GR1 (4333) kit with the bag still sealed but no decals or clear sprue along with the C Scale Tornado F2 AFV conversion kit (AC14). This has the resin nose cone and fuselage plug plus the white metal wing root fairings, fin camera housing and missiles etc.

Free to a good home for the cost of the postage.

cheers Bob

1 hour ago, jaguarfan said:

Hi, I have the Revell 1/72 Tornado GR1 (4333) kit with the bag still sealed but no decals or clear sprue along with the C Scale Tornado F2 AFV conversion kit (AC14). This has the resin nose cone and fuselage plug plus the white metal wing root fairings, fin camera housing and missiles etc.

Free to a good home for the cost of the postage.

cheers Bob

Dibs!

Cheers,

Andre

On 18/01/2017 at 8:25 PM, canberra kid said:

Just some photos to underline what Blacktjet said

125%20T%20F2%20ZA267%20AEE_zpse4vbdtvu.j

John

I have another picture somwhere that I think shows the F2 legend was changed to F3. Of note in this picture, is that the rear fuselage extension was just a straightforward cut & shut, just after the burner cans. Prodution F3s had a complete new design section aft of the frame at the point of the tailplane pivot.

• Like 2

Thanks mates! Lots of good stuff here. I'll go looking for the book by Mason and I've applied for membership in the Tornado SIG - although as Groucho Marx once said I'm not sure I want to be part of a club that would have me as a member!   :) 

It looks like the conversion from an F.3 is not so difficult. If it turns out that the rear section of an Italeri GR.1 is "cut and shut" then it will be all the easier. Stay tuned, I'm pretty sure this will be a 2017 WIP.

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 4