Bergepanther 1/35

14 hours ago, Badder said:

Superb build, great paint-job, and an interesting choice of vehicle. Forgive my ignorance, but is it a Tamiya?

Rearguards,

Badder

Hi

no it's an Italeri that I picked up off  e bay. Went together quite well except the tracks. 

Cable detail was quite poor on winch which is why I replaced that, shame that I don't have the skill to make a diorama as tamiya do a maintenance crew set that would be perfect with this. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Firefly said:

Hi

no it's an Italeri that I picked up off  e bay. Went together quite well except the tracks. 

Cable detail was quite poor on winch which is why I replaced that, shame that I don't have the skill to make a diorama as tamiya do a maintenance crew set that would be perfect with this. 

Of course you have the skill to build a diorama.  It's hardly any different from building a model and painting it! You just have to make the parts yourself and figure out the layout. Having said that there's plenty of kit dioramas out there or kits that are will make up a very large percentage of a diorama. (MiniArt buildings/street settings etc spring to mind) And you're obviously capable of scratch-building. So, don't be a chicken. Give it a go!:)

Rearguards,

Badder.

• Like 1

Hi

thanks again for your comments.

It was nice to do something a bit different, and for no particular reason I've started building the Tamiya m26 recovery truck.

Probably the last recovery vehicles I will make, everything else in my stash has tracks and a gun.