AIRLINER - Air Baltic BAe 146/RJ70 1/144

Hello all,

It's taken many month's for me to complete my BAe 146 model, problems having time to spray it was one thing, but some other problems came about through it's whole process.

Originally this was for the group build. I picked up the Revell BAe 146 TNT kit at the Yeovilton model show with the plan to use the supplied TNT decals.

It was then pointed out to me that the TNT decals are for the 146-200, and having looked up their fleet, they only had -200's and -300's.

I then put it aside to await other decal's, and then sometime later fumbling through my decal book I found some Air Baltic RJ70 decal's!

I then ordered the DACO BAe 146/Avro RJ stenciling set and made it into Air Baltic's RJ70 YL-BAL

It was slightly tricky, the only real major problem was the wheels, it wasn't right until the end that I found I had knackered the undercarriage, it wasn't straight and made putting the wheel's in very difficult. In the end it was decided to shove the carriage door's on in the closed position, cut a hole and stick it on a spare Airfix stand, and it works perfectly, and can be displayed banking left or right, perfect! :)

The Air Baltic decals are from Flightpath, yes I know when I built the EasyJet 737-200 I recall saying on here that I'll never use Flight Path again. Yes I had some trouble with these, not as much as last time though, I've learnt that lot's of water and being EXTREMELY careful does work, but being extremely careful isn't always easy, they fold the moment your concentration drops for a nanosecond. Would I use them again? I probably would actually because they do some different and classic stuff that usually you can't find elsewhere. And I can only pick the decal's up at show's as they are hard to come by secondhand online.

Anyway here is the final outcome:

32097867971_a25c3f8397_b.jpgDSC_0040

31406236413_4e1caabe4f_b.jpgDSC_0037

32178499636_b754802d0f_b.jpgDSC_0035

32097866091_334d9d9511_b.jpgDSC_0034

32178494186_edddebd917_b.jpgDSC_0032

Thanks for looking :)

• Like 14

The model sounds as much trouble as the real thing- not for nothing is it known as four oil leaks divided by a huge electrical fault!

Nice job on the model, that's a nice scheme, well executed.

Dave

19 hours ago, Coors54 said:

The model sounds as much trouble as the real thing- not for nothing is it known as four oil leaks divided by a huge electrical fault!

Nice job on the model, that's a nice scheme, well executed.

Dave

Ah yes, the 146....our engineers were convinced it was given this designation because 1 brake unit took 4 men 6 hours to change!

That said, it was my first jet command so will always be remembered fondly.

Lovely work on the model. The Air Baltic livery looks great. 

Looks great. I have Latvian heritage, so this one's on my list of 'must builds'. One day, along with several dozen other Latvian operated aircraft.

And you guys who're calling the146 names... stop it, right now. One of the prettiest civil birds ever, despite any faults (which I can't believe for a minute) she may have allegedly had. :P